Cemetary reef

carbon

I have snorkeled Cemetary Reef, it was alright, certainly not my favorite, but it is one to try anyway. As I recall, it is quite aways up 7 mile beach. There is a small cemetary on the left side of the main road (going north from the port, 7 mile beach south starts at the port)

you can pull over in front of the cemetary, there will probably be other cars there too as it is a nice way to access the beach too. There is a small walkway leading to the beach there and Cemetary Reef is right there, you can tell where the rock formations are by the darker coloring in the water. Not Sure if there are any facilities or bars nearby.

Ricknlynn

I think Cemetary Reef is some of the best shore snorkeling on all of Grand Cayman ON A NICE DAY. If the day is windy or rough, better to head somewhere else.

There are no facilities there...one portolet, but no food, drinks, showers, etc... I think that's a good thing because it keeps the beach very secluded and uncrowded.

It's about a 15 minute taxi ride from the cruise ships.

Have a great trip!

Any other recommendations for snorkling with facilities close by on 7 mile? Restaurant and bar would be nice. can snorkle then relax. I think last time we were there in 2002 we snorkeled across the street from the Holiday Inn. There was a restaurant on the beach too.

Carbon . . . I will bump up some posts for you regarding the cemetry reef from a while back. It is a very seclued area but awesome snorkeling.

If you want a little more action head a bit more North up 7 mile beach area to the Westin . . . across the street is a fun 50's diner called "Eats". again I will bump up a post reagrding this sight also.

Enjoy!

Laurie

• 2 weeks later...

Archived