Pros/Cons of Anytime dining

Ironmen

Thinking about switching to anytime dining. We have never done this before. Family of 4. What are the pros/cons?

We like the same servers, so they know what we like and after a time or two, if we have special little requests, they remember. With kids, theyget to know them and the kids seem to like the comfort of the same person, as long as they are nice and have not run into servers who were not nice. My husband just found out he is Type 2 diabetic, so his dit will be limited and our servers will know and remember and look out for him. Anytime dining, wait for table and usually new servers each time.

The choice of any time dining or set time is very personal. We have done both and anytime is fine but I really like having a set time a set table and settable mates. I view my table mates like I view the people here on the cruise critic. Some are super nice and I love my time talking with them and sharing experiences getting hit etc.. Others I cringe at their stories inwardly rolled my eyes and just think it's only seven days it's only seven days. But overall I love the experience of meeting the people establishing a great rapport with the staff and just being on the schedule. And if for some reason we are not hungry or were hungry earlier there's always room service and the buffets. I think the best option is for people to just try it see if it fits for them and if it doesn't then go with set time dining and if it does then get with any time.

Archived