Kids & RCI Radiance Class Ships

rm1247

In several months we are sailing on Brilliance with my four children, ages 3-15. Our other cruises have been on the Voyager class ships, and I'm hoping my kids will like Brilliance just as much. I know it is smaller and doesn't have the ice rink or promenade (I think we'll really miss the promenade), so I'm looking for feedback from other families that have sailed this class of ships. What did your kids enjoy about the ship?

My kids love AO, rock climbing, mini golf, ping-pong, and of course all the food on a cruise. They love cruising, so I think they'll enjoy the ship even if it is smaller. I think Brilliance has a movie theater, which is something we've never used on a cruise that they might enjoy. We're also traveling with my parents, and they love being with their grandparents.

We've done Jewel (twice) and Brilliance with our daughter who ranged in age from 4 - 6 when we cruised.

She loves the ship. You can rock climb at six years old, there's a small waterslide, and due to less children most of the time they get more personal attention at Adventure Ocean.

We've done Jewel (twice) and Brilliance with our daughter who ranged in age from 4 - 6 when we cruised.

She loves the ship. You can rock climb at six years old, there's a small waterslide, and due to less children most of the time they get more personal attention at Adventure Ocean.

This!!! Plus on the Radiance class of ships, the Ocean is the focus, not the ship itself. The ships are so airy and light and bring the ocean into the ship instead of the ship being centered around a shopping mall.

While the ship is smaller than Voyager class, it's still not tiny! It's a BIG ship! Plenty of room, plenty of things to do! You truly won't notice the size difference, other than the lack of the Royal Promenade.

Archived