Looking for a few RCCL recipes

taffy12

I was on the 5/29 sailing of Mariner and absolutely loved the warm chocolate cake (dessert one night), savory bites (bread at dinner), and blueberry pound cake (from the Promenade Café). My mom also really liked the chocolate pecan pie from the café. Does anybody by any chance have any of these four recipes or know how I might be able to get my hands on them? If nobody has them, any idea as to how I might contact the cruise line directly for the recipes (preferably through email)? Thanks!

I too was looking for the recipe for that Warm chocolate cake.

I found a thread on the Royal Caribbean board that has a recipe for this cake. The recipe didn't come from RCI, but apparently is darn close. If you try this recipe you will have to let us know how it turned out.

I tried to post the link to that thread below. Hope this works.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=98018&highlight=warm+chocolate+cake

Cheers.

brn2cruz posted the RCCL recipe for the Flourless Chocolate Cake on the RCCL board the other day. Here it is:

Here is the recipe from the RCI cookbook:

12 oz semisweet choc. chips

1 tbs pure vanilla extract

1 tbs dark rum

1/4 cup strong coffee

5 large eggs

1/2 cup granulated sugar

3/4 cup heavy cream

whipped cream, fresh fruit & mint leaves for garnish

Preheat oven to 325. Coat a 10" springform pan with a double thickness of al foil to prevent water from seeping in. Chill a large mixing bowl.

Place the chocolate, vanilla, rum & coffee in the top of a double boiler set over 1" simmering water. Whisk until chocolate is smooth and no small lumps remain. Turn off heat and remove mixture from hot water. Transfer to large bowl and let cool. In medium bowl combine eggs and sugar. With electric mixer beat until pale.l Add 1/4 choc. mixture and beat until incorporated. Pour this mixture into remaining choc. mix. Stir until combined. Whip cream in chilled bowl until soft peaks. Fold whipped cream into choc. mix until combined. Pour into prepared pan and cover top with al foil. Place in roasting pan and pour boiling water into pan to come halfway up the outside of cake pan. Bake for 30 minutes or until small cracks appear on the surface.; Remove from oven and let cool to room temp. Chill in refrig.l overnight. Unmold garnish with whip cream

Enjoy! And thanks to brn2cruz for posting it. This is one of my very favourite deserts.

• 5 years later...
I was on the 5/29 sailing of Mariner and absolutely loved the warm chocolate cake (dessert one night), savory bites (bread at dinner), and blueberry pound cake (from the Promenade Café). My mom also really liked the chocolate pecan pie from the café. Does anybody by any chance have any of these four recipes or know how I might be able to get my hands on them? If nobody has them, any idea as to how I might contact the cruise line directly for the recipes (preferably through email)? Thanks!

When we sailed last May on Splendour they were selling an official RCCL cookbook. They had a sample outside the dining room and so we took a couple pictures of the recipes we liked. I *think* the warm chocolate cake is one of them. but I'll need to check my photos when I go home.

PS: DH LOVED those savory bite, too!

Archived