Sky Suite 1214 on Reflection

atorispa

We have booked aft Sky Suite 1214 on Relection Eastern Med. From the pictures it looks like the window washing equipment is one deck up, but it's hard to tell. Has anyone been in this cabin or have any knowledge on this?

progress.gif

We have booked aft Sky Suite 1214 on Relection Eastern Med. From the pictures it looks like the window washing equipment is one deck up, but it's hard to tell. Has anyone been in this cabin or have any knowledge on this?

progress.gif

I'm not sure about that room but stay away from the aft sky suites, we were in 6307 and it was the worst room you could image. The balcony was small and the room has a pole by the bed it was small to us. Lay out was terrible.

We have booked sky suite 1405 (Sky deck, port side) on Reflection for a transatlantic cruise in April 2014. From my research we learned that the cleaning spider is a deck above at sky suite 1665 (port side). This sky suite is listed as a partially obstructed view. So I think you should be fine as this will be above you and I think you are starboard. I am no expert and have not been on the Reflection but hope someone will correct me if I am wrong.

I have seen pictures that show the cleaning spiders (I never knew that was term, but it fits) on both sides of the ship. By counting decks it does look like they are on deck 11 so 1405 and 1214 should be just fine. Hope we're right.

Happy mother's day to all!

We sailed in 1214 over Christmas and couldn't have been happier. The cabin has a huge circular window looking out the starboard side of the ship. If there had been a washing spider there it would have been a bother and I would remember it.

The balcony, being on the back corner of the ship was just huge and wrapped around so we could also see where we're going. Yes, there was that odd pole in the room but after a day, we didn't notice it. Say hi to 1214 and we'd easily stay in it again!!

We sailed in 1214 over Christmas and couldn't have been happier. The cabin has a huge circular window looking out the starboard side of the ship. If there had been a washing spider there it would have been a bother and I would remember it.

The balcony, being on the back corner of the ship was just huge and wrapped around so we could also see where we're going. Yes, there was that odd pole in the room but after a day, we didn't notice it. Say hi to 1214 and we'd easily stay in it again!!

I found the balcony smaller than a port side sky suite, I felt we were miss lead by the size of the balcony. If we were to book a sky suite again I would book on either side than aft. But then again we would never book one again, No less then a Royal suite or Penthouse suite for use, then we know what we are getting.

• 3 years later...
I found the balcony smaller than a port side sky suite, I felt we were miss lead by the size of the balcony. If we were to book a sky suite again I would book on either side than aft. But then again we would never book one again, No less then a Royal suite or Penthouse suite for use, then we know what we are getting.

It is so nice to have enough money to book whatever you want! I love the S1 corner aft suites. The CS and RS are just not my style...I love to look at the wake...the cabins are just a little larger and the decks are fantastic!

Edited by Lastdance

We stayed in 1214 this January and the washing equipment does not obstruct your view. Very good location and we really enjoyed it. While our sailing was pretty smooth, motion in the cabin was really not a problem. Views are fantastic and if you are sailing during the warmer months the larger balcony is really nice to lay out for sun (yes, you have a couple of decks above you that can look down on it). Noise from above was never a problem.

One additional advantage is that there is an outer door which opens to a foyer with only your suite and a next door cabin having access. The steward service cart was always parked in the foyer and I assume the foyer designed for people who book both cabins. The advantage is that you never hear doors slamming.

Edited by xmarksx