cruse problems

sayaguru

Well that clears up a few things.

If you get criticism just delete the posts, close the topic and pretend it never happened.

Is that MSC policy? I would love some feedback on the issues.

If you get criticism just delete the posts, close the topic and pretend it never happened.

No it is Cruise Critic policy. Only the Moderators on here can delete posts from threads and will do so if they consider they are in breach of their guidelines.

Perhaps the debate between those with opposing views was becoming too heated and turning to personal attacks, is the reason.

I reported a post for using abusive language.

As said only mods can delete posts (after the editing time) and close threads.

The Fantasia thread had become very heated and to be fair everyone needed a bit of "calm down" time.

We all have different views and opinions, lets try and discuss them whilst remaining civil.

Was is it one that said Duane and I were two of them?

We all have different views and opinions, lets try and discuss them whilst remaining civil.

I think the OP has at least accepted that we all have different views and opinions. From re-reading that first post just now, I would say this is a major achievement in itself.

As said only mods can delete posts (after the editing time) and close threads.

The Fantasia thread had become very heated and to be fair everyone needed a bit of "calm down" time.

I agree Paul.

By the way I recall you asking about football on our Armonia roll call, I should have mentioned I was a Leeds fan and I confidently expect us to have been promoted by the time of our cruise. I'm sure you have missed us!...... Now keep it civil :D

Thanks for clearing that up.

Must admit I was upset at being attacked for my opinion on my personal experiences. I would never dream of telling someone they were wrong about a cruise line (or anything else) just because I loved it.

Just because someone had a great cruise on one ship doesn't mean all ships in that line are the same, or even everyones experience on the same ship.

Staff are different, chef is different, peoples experiences are different.

"I believe in an open mind, but not so open that your brains fall out." - Arthur Hays Sulzberger

"Do not think of knocking out another person's brains because he differs in opinion from you. It would be as rational to knock yourself on the head because you differ from yourself ten years ago." - Horace Mann

You must have missed it, I would have also missed it had papcx not quoted it.......#stillinshock :eek:

I know you are not easily shocked so it is best I didn't see it. I want to retain my innocence as long as possible.

Skipper Tim

I basically told you what i think of you, as, i had the greatest respect for you on here, with all your knowledge, posting the live update, etc,,, But, i just had enough that you would never admit MSC is not perfect, instead, no matter what somebody say, you will turn it around so that is the persons fault, not MSC

Enough of that. and i do apologize...

Anyway,,,,

Hope everybody enjoy what is left of there weekend...

Skipper Tim

I basically told you what i think of you, as, i had the greatest respect for you on here, with all your knowledge, posting the live update, etc,,, But, i just had enough that you would never admit MSC is not perfect, instead, no matter what somebody say, you will turn it around so that is the persons fault, not MSC

Enough of that. and i do apologize...

Anyway,,,,

Hope everybody enjoy what is left of there weekend...

That is generous of you CaveMan. I genuinely did not see the remark so I can't comment on that.

You would have seen from my blogs that I am critical of MSC - in some places highly critical and even for some of the same reasons - cultural differences.

I apologise for any part I have played in encouraging any comfort with expressing views such as those in the original post on the infamous thread. My blog writings were only intended as observational comedy.

Or a lemon!

Instead of ad hoc insults attempting to elicit a laugh from a clique, why not stick to facts when making critical observations? Wasn't it obvious that the same folks who sought to blame the messenger for reporting MSC shortcomings on one thread had conversed among themselves on another about how to criticize the OP and even stir the pot with controversial remarks. That's all I was suggesting. Was I wrong? If so, my deepest apologies.

Instead of ad hoc insults attempting to elicit a laugh from a clique, why not stick to facts when making critical observations? Wasn't it obvious that the same folks who sought to blame the messenger for reporting MSC shortcomings on one thread had conversed among themselves on another about how to criticize the OP and even stir the pot with controversial remarks. That's all I was suggesting. Was I wrong? If so, my deepest apologies.

Thanks for the link.

Looks like bunch of snobs, who's got nothing else going on in their lives, apart from nagging people on this forum, is having a ball. Playing "experts" in MSC cruises, patronising everyone, nagging those who has different opinion. And they dare calling someone ignorant and xenophobic....

"People in glass houses should not throw stones..."

Thanks for the link.

Looks like bunch of snobs, who's got nothing else going on in their lives, apart from nagging people on this forum, is having a ball. Playing "experts" in MSC cruises, patronising everyone, nagging those who has different opinion. And they dare calling someone ignorant and xenophobic....

"People in glass houses should not throw stones..."

If your referring to the Armonia roll call, then I started that, and I can assure you I'm no snob. I'm a working class Manchester boy and I'm proud of it!

Because I'm working class I therefore work for a living. However I look forward to my holidays. Coming on cruise critic helps me plan and builds the excitement.

Viewing these boards recently is not very enjoyable!

I think EVERYBODY needs to take some deep breaths, count to 10 and be civil!

I think EVERYBODY needs to take some deep breaths, count to 10 and be civil!

great idea, just one question, do we count to 10 the normal way, or MSC 's European way, as I am sure somebody will be along soon telling us we are doing it wrong, or, counting to fast, or something like that...

So i will start :

Jo and Caveman

You are perfectly entitled to your opinion of me and my cruise colleagues based on what you have read.

Just as I am perfectly entitled to have an opinion of you and your cruise colleagues based on what I have read.

However the difference between us is that I've kept my opinion of you to myself and not sunk to name calling. I did not call you a xenophobe. I said that your post used xenophobic language that I took offence to.

I have remained civil through all this discourse and will continue to be. I would greatly appreciate the same from you both. Swearing and name calling benefits no-one, is base and crude and also leads to posts being closed down which defeats the reason for Cruise Critics forums.

It would be great if we could agree to disagree, leave things alone and go about our business on these forums with no further need for crossed words. Let's make this place where we can discuss and plan our holidays with enjoyment and enthusiasm.

Can we do that please?

great idea, just one question, do we count to 10 the normal way, or MSC 's European way, as I am sure somebody will be along soon telling us we are doing it wrong, or, counting to fast, or something like that...

So i will start :

Oh come on, I live in Beijing now, so I should count in Mandarin?

Yi, Er, San, Si....(or one, two, three, four...)

Archived