Any Cozumel Tour/ Excursions I should know about?

Liverpoollovely

Hi Everyone

I am looking for ideas. Places, suggestions, any possible excursions you can recommend for me and my families future cruise on the Carnival Glory. I have looked on carnival’s website and the tours did not seem to fit in with all family members needs.

I cannot snorkel I get panic attacks and another family member cannot swim. So snorkel excursions are pretty much redundant for our lil group.

We have an elderly family member who is not so good at walking long distances, their feet swell up due to medication they take, although they can do small amounts of walking permitted there are stops, they are after all 73 :)

So what would you all suggest for excursions? Any companies you recommend or have done reviews on please share :) we will be 11th November.

Nachi Cocom -all inclusive beach club, quiet and relaxing and not crowded (limited to 100 guests per day). Great drinks and food -love the shrimp! - small pool, nice beach, great service. It's great to get away from the crowds on the ship and chill out on the beach.

About a $15 taxi each way. Good luck! :)

http://www.cozumelnachicocom.com/

Look at this thread:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=545681&highlight=hiring+a+driver+for+the+day

We have this booked for our Cozumel stop in June. It's got great reviews on tripadvisor and on Cruise Critic. They cater to your needs and wants and you can request anything (such as nothing with alot of walking, etc...)

When we get back I'll do a review but read thru the thread and see if that will work.

You might consider hiring a taxi for the day. My family did this, and we had a blast!

The great thing about seeing Cozumel this way is that you get to design the tour you want and do it at your leisure. There are any things to see and do, including visits to the cultural areas, lighthouse, tequila/chocolate tastings, etc. We hired a driver for 5 hours, and were able to tour and hear about the history of San Miguel (the main town), visit San Gervasio (Mayan ruins--not as spectacular as those on the mainland, but still interesting), and explore the "wild" (less developed) east side of the island. Incredible scenery and a few bar/restaurants that serve yummy food. Great photo opportunities along the way. We then went to Paradise Beach for some sun and surf, then back downtown for some souvenir shopping (Los Cinco Soles) before heading back to the ship. It was so much fun!

Here is the thread describing the various activities, etc: Hiring a driver for the day. It includes lots of recommendations and reviews (Especially Tours Plaza and Crescencio Lopez--do a google search) but some have also arranged tours with one of the many drivers at the pier. Read the last 4 or 5 pages to get a good overview.

Good luck and have a great cruise!

We went to Nachi Cocum last week. It was the best non ship excursion ever. $15 one way to the beach (split the fare if you have another couple going). It's a private club so book it before the cruise. $55/pp and all you can eat and drink. It says 4 courses, but you can keep ordering. The beach is serene and quiet, water is clear blue and beautiful. Tip the server first ($10) and you will get great service all day long

Thank you for your suggestions I am so excited now I will definitely check out the reviews and the companies/ ideas you have all put forward we have only ever done carnival excursions and so doing something privately booked really will be unique :)

Archived