Allison & David's Honeymoon Adventure/ Carnival Miracle's Maiden Alaska Voyage

ucfalli

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I enjoyed reading this and found that it answered all of my lingering questions. I am about to go on the same cruise (April/MayMay, Vancouver-->Seattle) this year. I know Alaska may give us very different weather, but this was a great glimpse into the possibilities.

Also, I must add... Poko is beautiful. I'm glad she eventually made the adjustment through the stressful transition of a move and your being away.

• 2 weeks later...

I've been searching for a review for around the time frame we are heading to Alaska and so glad I found yours! We are doing the same time frame as your trip just a year later :) Thank you for taking the time to post. Very helpful information.

BTW this will be our second cruise to Alaska. Our first trip was in July 2011. We enjoyed our excursions with Harv & Marv and have booked them again. If you get the opportunity you need to check out Island Wings to Misty fjords - worth every penny and Michelle (our pilot) was wonderful.

Happy (upcoming) 1 yr Anniversary and take it from a person about to celebrate 25yrs of marriage - take the time to venture out and see the world. We have had so many amazing trips and look forward to many more. If you need suggestions please do not hesitate to ask! We just did a European cruise last July and have lots of info to share (guess I need to work on a review).

Thanks again!

Ann

We are taking this exact cruise in April of this year! We are very excited and this gave us some more perspective on what to expect. We are starting to get close so we are beginning to count down (at least I am) :D

• 4 weeks later...

Thank you so much for this review. We are not going until 2016 but this helped tremendously in what is where and suggestions as to length and things to do. I so much enjoyed all the pictures. You did a wonderful commentary. I was lost 4 hours reading and looking at pictures...best 4 hours of the night!! Do you have any other trips you have narrated? The ease of reading was like a book..one you didn't want to end!!

Happy travels and enjoy married life <3

Thank you very much for your detailed review and wonderful pictures. I'm

scheduled to visit Alaska in 2015 so I've started researching.

I read the entire review and it was entertaining and informative. I'm a year

late, but better late than never.

Happy anniversary and many more happy travels to you. I'm so glad you

enjoyed Alaska.

• 3 weeks later...

It sounds like you a great time on your honeymoon cruise. I really liked the Ketchikan portion of your review. I was amazed by how green it was, despite its northerly latitude. (What most people don't know, is that southeast Alaska is actually a rainforest, just not the tropical kind.) It was a pleasant sight, after seeing Midwest just come out of a really brutal winter, where for months on end, the only things green you'd see are road signs. I'm hoping to try an Alaska cruise myself sometime. Any do's and don'ts?

• 4 weeks later...
Thank you so much. Loved your detailed review and photos. We are considering maybe doing the Carnival Miracle Glacier Bay cruise Sept 2014 Seattle to Vancouver, so all the information is much appreciated.

I hope my review helped and that you make it to Alaska this year!

Love the review! Just got off of this ship. :)

Thanks for reading!

I enjoyed reading this and found that it answered all of my lingering questions. I am about to go on the same cruise (April/MayMay, Vancouver-->Seattle) this year. I know Alaska may give us very different weather, but this was a great glimpse into the possibilities.

Also, I must add... Poko is beautiful. I'm glad she eventually made the adjustment through the stressful transition of a move and your being away.

You NEVER know what the weather will hold. I learned my lesson for the future...don't move Poko!

Thanks for sharing your photos and where you went and ate in Seattle. I've been researching what to do in Seattle before our cruise and we're thinking of going to a lot of the places you went. Your review is a huge help thank you!

I'm glad you enjoyed and hope you got lots of useful information!

I've been searching for a review for around the time frame we are heading to Alaska and so glad I found yours! We are doing the same time frame as your trip just a year later :) Thank you for taking the time to post. Very helpful information.

BTW this will be our second cruise to Alaska. Our first trip was in July 2011. We enjoyed our excursions with Harv & Marv and have booked them again. If you get the opportunity you need to check out Island Wings to Misty fjords - worth every penny and Michelle (our pilot) was wonderful.

Happy (upcoming) 1 yr Anniversary and take it from a person about to celebrate 25yrs of marriage - take the time to venture out and see the world. We have had so many amazing trips and look forward to many more. If you need suggestions please do not hesitate to ask! We just did a European cruise last July and have lots of info to share (guess I need to work on a review).

Thanks again!

Ann

I would love to do an European Cruise. That actually was suppose to be our original honeymoon. Some day in the future! Thanks for reading.

Great review!

I just booked the Miracle for this September - thank you for providing such a great, detailed review!

Thanks for reading!

We are taking this exact cruise in April of this year! We are very excited and this gave us some more perspective on what to expect. We are starting to get close so we are beginning to count down (at least I am) :D

I hope you enjoyed your cruise!

Loved reading your review even though its almost an year. Great photos and appreciate taking time in writing such a wonderful review. Really enjoyed and Thanks for sharing.

Thanks for reading! :D

Thank you so much for this review. We are not going until 2016 but this helped tremendously in what is where and suggestions as to length and things to do. I so much enjoyed all the pictures. You did a wonderful commentary. I was lost 4 hours reading and looking at pictures...best 4 hours of the night!! Do you have any other trips you have narrated? The ease of reading was like a book..one you didn't want to end!!

Happy travels and enjoy married life <3

In my signature you can find our latest cruise which was March of this year. I just finally remembered to add it. Enjoy!

Thank you very much for your detailed review and wonderful pictures. I'm

scheduled to visit Alaska in 2015 so I've started researching.

I read the entire review and it was entertaining and informative. I'm a year

late, but better late than never.

Happy anniversary and many more happy travels to you. I'm so glad you

enjoyed Alaska.

Thanks for reading, glad you enjoyed my review!

It sounds like you a great time on your honeymoon cruise. I really liked the Ketchikan portion of your review. I was amazed by how green it was, despite its northerly latitude. (What most people don't know, is that southeast Alaska is actually a rainforest, just not the tropical kind.) It was a pleasant sight, after seeing Midwest just come out of a really brutal winter, where for months on end, the only things green you'd see are road signs. I'm hoping to try an Alaska cruise myself sometime. Any do's and don'ts?

Figure out what you want to see....especially which ports are the most important. Next time we in Alaska we want to do a one way and spend time on the mainland. Any Alaskan cruise will be amazing! Just keep in mind you can never predict the weather!