Dolphin Swim in Oranjestad ???

Has anyone done the Dolphin Swim...I know it is expensive throught the cruise... $209 I believe... Is there a cheaper way through the "Dolphin"people in Oranjestad?

My wife and I would love to swim with the Dolphins.

Thanks

Haven't done the dolphin swim in Aruba, but have in the Bahamas. It is great and well worth the expense for a one-time event. You may be able to book cheaper directly with the swim program, however be aware that the program operator may have a contract with RCI that prohibits them from selling the swim directly to ships' passengers. Just tell them that you are staying with friends on the island.

Hypo

I think you are referring to the Dolphin Swim in Curacao...

I did the Dolphin Swim there....incredible experience...chance of a lifetime....do it...you literally swim with them for about 50mins-1hr. You rub them, go underwater with them, do tricks with the trainer's instructions and go for a dorsal ride (holding onto their dorsal fins) which is incredible.

If money isn't an issue, GO FOR IT......YOU'LL NEVER REGRET IT!

Thanks for the response. I know it is expensive..$200+ so not a lot of people would do it, but I have saved smartly for this anniversary cruise and have no problem finding the money and my wife would love to swim with those incredible creatures. As wouuld I.

And yes that is the Island.

My son (26) and sister (45) did the Dolphin swim in Curacao. Both LOVED it and said it was well worth the money. They both purchased the pictures that were taken of them with the dolphins and both proudly display them to friends and family. They were both beaming when they described holding onto the dolphin's and being pulled very fast in the water. GO FOR IT! Years from now you won't remember how much it cost, but you'll remember how thrilling it was.

We also did the dolphin swim in Curacoa and LOVED it! If you can afford it, do it. It will be an experience you will never forget. We were in the first excursion of the day so the dolphins were fresh and active. Once you get to the aquarium, they explain what to expect. Then they break you up into groups of about 12 people, then they take 6 people into the water at a time. In our group of twelve we were the 2nd group of 6 to get in the water with the dolphins. My husband was the only man in the group and if we wanted to touch a dolphin we had to stay near my husband because for some reason they loved him and they were always swimming next to him. While we were in the water with them, the trainer would have us do hand signals to get the dolphins to do tricks for us.

All in all, it was an experience that we will never forget and we are so glad we spent the money to do it.

My son (26) and sister (45) did the Dolphin swim in Curacao. Both LOVED it and said it was well worth the money. They both purchased the pictures that were taken of them with the dolphins and both proudly display them to friends and family. They were both beaming when they described holding onto the dolphin's and being pulled very fast in the water. GO FOR IT! Years from now you won't remember how much it cost, but you'll remember how thrilling it was.

Oh...I'm sure you will remember how much it cost, but after you experience it you won't care! ;) :D

One more thing...if you are on Royal Caribbean Adventure of the Seas, even with the high cost of that excursion it sells out pretty quick. We made our reservations online 2 months before the cruise and all the times were taken except the earliest one at 8am. We weren't too thrilled with that time because we were doing the Aruba Bar & Pub Crawl the night before and we just knew we weren't going to feel well the next morning...lol But, in the end, I believe it was best going early because the dolphins were fresh and ready to mingle.

Yes we are on the AOS and with 16 weeks to go we will have no problem getting our time. I will be making our reservation as soon as I can.

Thanks.

And the cost.............??? How often do you get the chance to swim with these magnificant creatures? It will be worth the cost.

Also...

A little tip for the Dolphin Swim "photos" is to purchase the CD of all the photos they take of you. You can then bring the CD to any photo spot and have them printed for a MUCH LOWER price or print them at home. Buy the CD...you won't have to worry about those precious photos getting ruined in a suitcase!!

Archived