Excursions for our poa cruise

Archie4

Hi Folks, we have sort of decided what trips we would like to do during our cruise later in the year. Not too fussed about doing the car rental bit and struggling with driving on the wrong side of the road!!!lol. Also think the NCL offerings are a bit costly (Im not in a position to say if they offer good VFM, but I think they are just a bit costly for us)!!

Sooooooooooo we have gone for a package with Roberts which includes the Haleakala Crater, Volcanoes National Park & Rainbow Falls and Waimea Canyon. To this package we fancy adding their Heavenly Hana tour.

We are hoping to catch a Brewery tour in Kona and a beach the second day in Kauai with a bit of luck.

I realise that Roberts have their fans and detractors on these pages and would like the views of those of you who have done any of these tours with Roberts in the past.

Thanks in advance.

We just did roberts volcano tour and waimea canyon. They probably weren't that

Different than the boats tours, but they weren't that good. We spent a total of

20 minutes at the jaeger museum which included use of the disgusting toilets, yet we spent a half hour at a candy factory. The time at rainbow falls is very brief. At volcano national park we did see a car end up in a ditch on a wet and winding highway, so i understand where you are coming from as far as the driving. The tours are so cheap u have to put up with some of their limitations.

I will say I was not a big fan of the guide/ driver we had to the volcano. If I had to do it over again, I might have gone with a smaller sized group.

• 2 weeks later...

We did the Volcanoes National Park & Rainbow Falls with Roberts a few years ago. It was very good, the bus driver was also the tour guide and he did a great job. The tour included stops at a chocolate factory, as well as a nut and a orchid farms.

We did a bus tour ( not Robert' ) to Haleakala which was also very good, something I think you will enjoy and certainly worth seeing.

Also think you will find Waimea Canyon worth your time. We rented a car for the day and was able to see the canyon and some of the area on that side of the island.

Haven't done the road to Hana yet, but I'm thinking we will most likely use Robert's for the tour. May drive, but it's nice to set back and enjoy the sites while having someone else drive and tell you about the area.

I'm sure you will have a get time however you go. Hawaii is a great place to visit.

DT

Archived