100 days cancellation

lupinsmum

My husband and I were on the Reflection cruise 13 April from Miami, we flew into

Miami from the Uk. Whilst on board we booked a future cruise transatlantic crossing 2014. We were informed that there was a 100 day cancellation policy where you got your deposit back if you couldn't make the cruise. My worry was booking our dogs into kennels (they live in dog minders home) and she only takes one set of dogs at a time. We couldn't contact her to find out if she had a

vacancy but felt that as we could get our deposit back it would be ok.

To cut a long story short, she didn't have a vacancy for our dogs, I contacted

Celebrity in the Uk and they informed me that the Uk do not adopt this policy, I will loose my deposit of £300 or use it for a future cruise. This would no be

until April 2015 Transatlantic and I also feel that being told I could cancel

Without loss of deposit is principle.

Has anyone else had this problem or any suggestions as to where we go from here. Thanks in advance.

There are different rules regarding the return of deposits for residents of the UK and the US. Perhaps that was the source of the error -- the booking agent should obviously know where you live and should have advised you accordingly. There may not be much you can do now, however, since it will turn into a "my word against yours" argument, and being from the UK you may have to live with the rules as they stand. Good luck and I hope you can find a future cruise you can book with that deposit.

Archived