Conquest Questions!!! Information Please?

sdwilson

Hello All,

I have a few Conquest ship questions. I am sure that they have all been asked at some time or another on this website. But, I have spent a considerable amount of time looking and decided it would be easier if I started a thread to ask the questions. So...Sorry if this is a repeat.

I will be sailing on July 17, 2005!!

1. Do the cabins have internet access if you have your own laptop? Or will we have to go to the internet cafe? If so, I think I'll leave the labtop at home and save myself the trouble of packing it.

2. Are there "Midnight Buffets" EVERY night of some kind? I haven't sailed with CCL in a while and can't seem to remember.

3. What are the table sizes in the dining rooms? How do they choose who you sit with? We sailed on RCCL last and had a suite and they sat us with other suite guest mostly our age.

4. We have a Lido Deck cabin. Is this a good thing or not?

5. Any golfers take there clubs? Can you carry your golf bag w/ clubs as a carry-on? DH is worried about letting the porter take his clubs. They are worth way more than the money you'd get from CCL if the bag was lost or stolen. He wants to take them on himself, is this possible? I know it's a size limit 11x17. But, the length doesn't matter. right?

6. Locks on luggage. Can you lock? Security doesn't have to be able look in your bags? I thought all bags were inspected.

7. At Cozumel, will we tender? Or dock? I've done both there.

8. At the end of the cruise. is your luggage assembled by deck for you to find?

9. The shuttles back to the parking lot? Does this take all day or is it pretty steady, as far as the line?

10. How hard is it to get a deck chair right at the pool's edge? What time should I be up and out there? We like to be right by the pool so we can get in every so often, not on a deck overlooking the pool!!

11. Formal night. How many wear Tux? DH is thinking about it, Will he be out of place?

12. The ship laundry service. On the day they offer the bag of laundry for $15, can you put any kind of clothes in the bag? Like shirts and shorts. Can you have two bags for $30. This would allow me to pack a lot less.

Thanks for any advice...:)

1) No. Vicinity of Internet Cafe which includes the cigar bar.

2) Yes.

3) Various.

4) Any cabin is a good thing.

5) People bring all kinds of things. You could buy insurance for the clubs.

6) Lock 'em.

7) Dock.

8) Assembled.

9) Dunno

10) Once you toss the chair hog's stuff overboard, not hard.

11) A number wear tuxes. A few might even wear jeans. Most are probably somewhere in between.

12) 1 bag per cabin and they aren't huge. Wash and fold only, but I have put shirts through.

To elaborate,

2. There is only one huge "Gala" midnight buffet, with the ice sculptures and desserts and huge selections of food. Other nights, they call it "late night snack", and it's pretty much nothing special. The grill is open, and the pizza is open. Other than that, it seems like leftovers. I saw salads that looked suspiciously like what was on the menu or at the buffet for the day. They have some desserts too.

3. Table sizes are 2, 4, 6, 8, 10. I think. You can request what size but if you don't it seems fairly random.

4. It's good because you won't have to go to a different deck to get to the buffet for water or juice. It's bad because there is probably more traffic on this deck. I would just try to avoid the cabins right next to the stairs / elevator.

6. You need to unlock your luggage for the airline (if applicable). But once you get to the pier, lock your bags. When they deliver the bags, they sit the bags in the hallway, and if you are gone a long time they will be unattended.

10. It is nearly impossible to get a deck chair on "at sea" days near the pool. If you want to get up early and save a seat, and leave it unattended, then you'll be what is commonly referred to around here as a "chair hog"

#2- on the midnight buffett is where I got chicken wings and ribs. Onyour curise they will have a fancy dessert midnight buffet-- (which is closer to 12:30)

#11- my SO takes his tux. I dont think we pay attention to what people around us are wearing and he never felt out of place.

#12- the laundry bag is a very small bag. Tee shirts and shorts can go in there -- if they fit. The ship does have laundry rooms where you can wash and dry and get detergent for a load of wash for 5 bucks.

Check below for some pictures to help get you excited. We're going again on 7/10 (Lido Deck for 3rd time). We love the Lido Deck, close and accessible to buffets, ice cream, pool, coffee, etc. We've never found it be a heavy traffic area.

Thanks Ronath- Oh my gosh!! You have been on a few cruises!! I am jealous! How does the Conquest compare to all the other ships you have been on?

My mom was on the Conquest two weeks ago during the storm, she called from Cozumel and I reminded her to check out the location of my cabin # 9246. She told when she got home that it was in a good location, but she feared it would be a lot of traffic and such... I had orginally booked an aft cabin on deck 8, then I called to change it. That cabin didn't seem real close to anything. I know folks love aft, my parents do! But i prefer to be near something.

Steph, we love the Conquest; it is one of our favorite ships. The only one that would beat it now would be RCI's Explorer of the Seas (or one of it's sister ships). The Explorer is some beautiful ship. We're thinking of going on the Navigator next year (if we don't do another Hawaii land vacation). Before that, believe it or not we loved a small, old ship - Commodore Cruise Lines' Enchanted Isle (you can see we must have liked it). It was small & old but the staff actually treated you like family; you knew most all of them by first name. When we would go down to the pier area many times they would recognize us on the pier.

Ronath- I see you are from NO, no wonder you can cruise often, you have a port to call your own. I see that you did like the Enchanted Isle. I had a friend to go on it awhile back, i think in 1999. They liked it, it's no longer sailing, right?

We went on the Adventure of the Seas last May. Wow, what a ship! Huge!!! It's a good thing it was a 10 day, i was lost for the first 7! LOL!!

A Lido deck cabin is fine. The deck to avoid is Verandah, right below Lido. Too much noise above your cabin.

As far as laundry goes, we use it every time on Carnival. We stuff the bag so full that it almost bursts. We get our $15 worth. However, it has been misplaced twice before. Both times it was returned to us, but not until the night before disembarkation.

The Conquest is a lot of fun. Sailing down the Mississippi is pretty cool on a ship the size of the Conquest. There are alot of sharp turns on the 100 miles or so to the mouth of the river.

You'll enoy the Conquest. I personally like Spirit class ships the best, but the Conquest is very nice. Make sure to avoid the Carnival Vacation Club. It's just a time-share and is not owned or operated by CCL.

Archived