I'm now officially useless

finalcloud

The anticipation is getting the best of me and my daughter today. I love it! I'm surprising her with a few days at Disney when we get off the ship. Hopefully that will make leaving the ship behind a little less painful. I'm not telling her until debarkation morning :)

Okay, here's a little tip in case you think you might cruise again -- if there's any chance that you would book another cruise while on board the Glory:

Research cruises before boarding. Then book your next cruise at the future cruise desk, and you'll receive an additional on board credit.

Having another one to look forward to will help assuage the sadness as you disembark your first ever cruise.

Trust me its worse after you get off the boat I just got off the glory on sunday past and now I am miserable I am already looking to book my next trip. sigh the glory was a fun ship i must say i really enjoyed the ship.

My cruise is in single digits. It's my first cruise. The Glory is in port and a friend's dad took a picture and it's now my desktop background picture at work. The next week is going to suck but I'm not sure what is going to suck more: this week or the week after getting off the boat :(

It's a good thing I coach my daughter's Tee Ball team or I would just be about the cruise 24/7.

I am on the same cruise. The next 8 days are going to be tough ones. This cruise is the cure for my PCD (post cruise depression) after getting back from a cruise in March. I already had one planned for November but couldn't wait that long. :eek:

And in my opinion the week after getting off is the worst. You will keep wishing you were back on board and thinking of all the things you didn't get to do or missed seeing...lol

This trip will go by quick but enjoy every minute you can. I am sure you are going to love the cruising life and will become addicted like the rest of us.:D

I sailed 2 weeks ago. When we got on the plane, a full 2 days before the cruise, I told DW I was sad. She asked why and I said, "Because this means our vacation is almost over!!!" :D

How about a Disney cruise tacked onto that next vacation?

My cruise is in single digits. It's my first cruise. The Glory is in port and a friend's dad took a picture and it's now my desktop background picture at work. The next week is going to suck but I'm not sure what is going to suck more: this week or the week after getting off the boat :(

It's a good thing I coach my daughter's Tee Ball team or I would just be about the cruise 24/7.

You can say that again. I was equally "useless" before each of my cruises. I'd be thinking about the cruise most of the day, and see Carnival ships in my sleep at night. I'd also be super-careful with things like driving, bundling up in cold weather, and avoiding any remotely dangerous activities, etc. It'd get more and more paranoid as the cruise got closer, for reasons only us cruisers can understand.

I'd say the week before the cruise sucks more. Because then, not only is your mind useless, you also worry about things like driving, colds, injuries, etc. getting in the way of your cruise. The week after, your cruise already happened, so need to worry about it being ruined.

Ahhhh......I love to hear about cruise butterflies.

Trust me....you'll be a very sad cruiser on day 5 or 6 of your cruise when you realize that it's about to be over.

But don't worry....just book another cruise when your budget is ready! Have a great time.

We have a little over a month until we cruise next.

Ahhhh......I love to hear about cruise butterflies.

Trust me....you'll be a very sad cruiser on day 5 or 6 of your cruise when you realize that it's about to be over.

But don't worry....just book another cruise when your budget is ready! Have a great time.

We have a little over a month until we cruise next.

Exactly why I booked my first B2B during this last friends and family sale! Heck yes I'm cruising Carnival:D:D:D

Nothing like that first cruise butterflies - enjoy:D:D:D

I always have a cruise booked before I go, makes it easier when they are throwing us off at the end. On Princess you can still book FCC so always have some of those in case the urge gets me to book something and between that OBC, my stock OBC and usually TA it's a great deal.

When booking onboard carnival do you have to book a specific ship and date etc unlike the open booking on Princess where I can decide later?

With each passing day I become even more useless. Today is the last day of school for my students then I have a few work days. We leave for Jacksonville on Sunday, and borad the Fasination on Monday.

With each passing day I become even more useless. Today is the last day of school for my students then I have a few work days. We leave for Jacksonville on Sunday, and borad the Fasination on Monday.

My kids finish today. actually DD is home as her graduation is this afternoon. We leave for Venice Saturday and board the Legend on Tuesday so between graduation, organiZing and last minute planning i'm pretty useless for work - hope I'm not jinxing myself - it's nice and quiet at work for a change before a trip:eek:

Archived