Villefranche to Cannes, St. Paul de Vence

lia_b

We are on Disney cruise in July and we are stopping at Villenfranche. At this port, we would like to get to Cannes and St. Paul de Vence. It seems that Cannes is 30 minutes away. Not sure how much further St. Paul is. It seem to be another 30 minutes. The cruise line has an 8 hour excursion but with 4 people it is $320. I think it can be done much cheaper. Could you please suggest alternative reliable ways to get to these places. Not looking to rent a car. We are in port from 8:45 to 6:30 but I am always paranoid and would like to be back at the port by 4:30/5:00 p.m..

I read in another post there is a train that runs once or twice and hour and gets you into Cannes in about an hour. So, I am thinking I should allow about 1.5 hours to get to Cannes (wait time and travel). This seems like a lot of time devoted to the transport part and then, not sure how to get to and from St.Paul. I would love to throw Antibes in there, but maybe I am being too ambitious. I am open to a private tour but have the feeling it would cost the same or more than the cruise ship tour. I am curious about Silvie di Cristo tours.

Would love to hear your suggestions

Thank you in advance.

We are on Disney cruise in July and we are stopping at Villenfranche. At this port, we would like to get to Cannes and St. Paul de Vence. It seems that Cannes is 30 minutes away. Not sure how much further St. Paul is. It seem to be another 30 minutes. The cruise line has an 8 hour excursion but with 4 people it is $320. I think it can be done much cheaper. Could you please suggest alternative reliable ways to get to these places. Not looking to rent a car. We are in port from 8:45 to 6:30 but I am always paranoid and would like to be back at the port by 4:30/5:00 p.m..

I read in another post there is a train that runs once or twice and hour and gets you into Cannes in about an hour. So, I am thinking I should allow about 1.5 hours to get to Cannes (wait time and travel). This seems like a lot of time devoted to the transport part and then, not sure how to get to and from St.Paul. I would love to throw Antibes in there, but maybe I am being too ambitious. I am open to a private tour but have the feeling it would cost the same or more than the cruise ship tour. I am curious about Silvie di Cristo tours.

Would love to hear your suggestions

Thank you in advance.

There is a lot of info re your question on this board,and if you read through some pages you will lots of info. However that being said you are doing this backwards really. If you want to go to St.P go from Nice(tons of info here),but no trains run there and you will have to use the bus from Nice or taxi there.If you go to Cannes you can then go on to Antibes,and back to Villefranche,but no,you can't really do it all in one day stop.Do some reading and more research and this if still more questions come back and post them.

Cberge. Thank you for your reply. However, I did go back quite a few pages and found very little information on this port for the places I want to go to, which is why I am asking.

I guess the question in a nutshell should be:

I will be docking in Villefranche and I want to see Cannes, St. Paul de Vence and maybe Antibes. We are 4 people. What is the best way to do this outside of renting a car or using the ship tour bus?

From your answer it looks like the train/bus is not a good option. Therefore, I will look at private tours.

Cberge. Thank you for your reply. However, I did go back quite a few pages and found very little information on this port for the places I want to go to, which is why I am asking. Go to the SEARCG function on the right side above the posts and put in Cannes..it will bring up pages of posts

I guess the question in a nutshell should be:

I will be docking in Villefranche and I want to see Cannes, St. Paul de Vence and maybe Antibes. We are 4 people. What is the best way to do this outside of renting a car or using the ship tour bus?The best way is train since you said you don't want to rent a car,BUT you have to figure out which direction you want to go first as you are going in opposite direction for what you want to see.Cannes to antibes and Villefranche/Nice to ST.P Google a map and you will se hwat I mean

From your answer it looks like the train/bus is not a good option. Therefore, I will look at private tours.

No, I did not say that...train is fine it is just going in the direction(se above)There is a lot of info here as well for private tours and for 4 it would be a shared expense so not to bad.

Maybe someone will be better to help you. Is this your first trip to Europe?

Hi Cberge,

This is not my first trip to Europe. We have been all over but this is my first trip on a cruise and also to this area. Therefore, not used to the limited time and there are so many places we want to see. I was trying to keep cost down by using the train.

I see what you mean. We can take the train at Villefranche and stop at Antibes and then on to Cannes. The outlier however, remains St. Paul de Vence, which we can get to by bus from Nice. That just seem like a lot.

I did find some information on private tours, which look pretty good and seem to be able to do all the places in one day. I am going to check Silvie de Cristo tours and french Riviera premium tours.

Hi Cberge,

This is not my first trip to Europe. We have been all over but this is my first trip on a cruise and also to this area. Therefore, not used to the limited time and there are so many places we want to see. I was trying to keep cost down by using the train.

I see what you mean. We can take the train at Villefranche and stop at Antibes and then on to Cannes. The outlier however, remains St. Paul de Vence, which we can get to by bus from Nice. That just seem like a lot.

I did find some information on private tours, which look pretty good and seem to be able to do all the places in one day. I am going to check Silvie de Cristo tours and french Riviera premium tours.

Re Silvie..book asap as she is VERY popular.Another name is Dreamtours you can check out. If you want to see all of the above then proivate IS the way to go.You will love St.P trust me.Have a great cruise.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived