Need Hawaii Information? Maybe I can help

Hawaiian Eye

My friend and I will be cruising the Hawaiian islands, and we are looking for good beaches for swimming and maybe snorkeling near Lahaina and Kailua Kona. Also, are there taxis that will take us from the ship to the beach, and are they very expensive?

Thanks for your help!!

Hawaiian Eye - We're planning a cruise to celebrate my birthday in January - we've seen that this is the rainest month of the year! Does it really rain a lot in January? Thanks for your help.

Hawaiian Eye - We're planning a cruise to celebrate my birthday in January - we've seen that this is the rainest month of the year! Does it really rain a lot in January? Thanks for your help.

Rainiest just means that it rains more than the other months. It still rains a lot here. But Hawaii also has a lot of sunshine. In reality looking up and not seeing some cloudcover is pretty nonexistent. There's always clouds and some of them pass over and drop some rain. Now there are storm systems that occasionally pass thru, where it rains for days at a time but those are infrequent. It's hit or miss, much like a hurricane. There is no Monsoon Season. Don't let the threat of some rain stop you from having a great vacation.

Just remember........no rain, no rainbows :cool:

Rainiest just means that it rains more than the other months. It still rains a lot here. But Hawaii also has a lot of sunshine. In reality looking up and not seeing some cloudcover is pretty nonexistent. There's always clouds and some of them pass over and drop some rain. Now there are storm systems that occasionally pass thru, where it rains for days at a time but those are infrequent. It's hit or miss, much like a hurricane. There is no Monsoon Season. Don't let the threat of some rain stop you from having a great vacation.

Just remember........no rain, no rainbows :cool:

Thanks Hawiian Eye - we're going to to ahead with our plans. I'm so looking forward to visiting your beautiful Islands again! :)

Archived