Ab parking Southampton

meg1

I'm cruising with RCI in August & want to book parking with Ab in Southampton. However, they can only offer me 'shuttle parking' now as the main car park is full. Is this as secure as the car park alongside the ship? Cost isn't really an issue, just want our car to be safe whilst we're away & the process of boarding stress-free!

Thanks

I'm cruising with RCI in August & want to book parking with Ab in Southampton. However, they can only offer me 'shuttle parking' now as the main car park is full. Is this as secure as the car park alongside the ship? Cost isn't really an issue, just want our car to be safe whilst we're away & the process of boarding stress-free!

Thanks

We were on the queen Victoria and they moved everyone's cars from one car park to another as we were disembarking from a different terminal. It was very effecient and the car was safe.

I am sure that RCCL and AB will ensure the car is safe.

Thanks

Your car doesn't stay in the car park alongside the ship. When you've unloaded your car, it is moved to another big car park and then brought to that car park on the day of your disembarkation. This is because the car park alongside the ship is needed for other ship disembarkations while you are away on your cruise.

Your car doesn't stay in the car park alongside the ship. When you've unloaded your car, it is moved to another big car park and then brought to that car park on the day of your disembarkation. This is because the car park alongside the ship is needed for other ship disembarkations while you are away on your cruise.

Cars left in the main car parks alongside the ship are not moved... You park, lock up and take your keys with you.

This happened to my daughter last year. All it was, was a car park still by the docks but a little further away from the ship. Just a bit too far to walk thus the shuttle. ;)

Cars left in the main car parks alongside the ship are not moved... You park, lock up and take your keys with you.

There are lots of different car parks at Ocean Terminal. When we arrive, CPS (valet parking) take away our keys and our car to another car park. The day we disembark, they have moved it to the one next to the ship.

http://cruiseforums.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=29860247&postcount=10

http://cruiseforums.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=28247746&postcount=6

There are lots of different car parks at Ocean Terminal. When we arrive, CPS (valet parking) take away our keys and our car to another car park. The day we disembark, they have moved it to the one next to the ship.

http://cruiseforums.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=29860247&postcount=10

http://cruiseforums.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=28247746&postcount=6

The OP specified sailing on RCI who sail from the City Terminal, not Ocean Terminal. We returned yesterday from Independence O/T Seas and everyone's car was in the same place they left it.

This happened to my daughter last year. All it was, was a car park still by the docks but a little further away from the ship. Just a bit too far to walk thus the shuttle. ;)

Thanks for all your responses, MrsTW, was your daughter happy with the shuttle car park?

We used the shuttle car park a couple of years ago and commented that we preferred it to the other car park.

You park your own car, load whatever carryon luggage you have into the trailer of the minibus, then hop in and they drive you to the door of the terminal.

The main (and more expensive car park), you park then lug your own carryon across the car park and across to the terminal.

We decided it actually involved less walking being further away (how lazy are we?!).

The shuttle didn't wait until it was full to drive to the terminal, and the pick up when we came back was waiting for us as we exited the terminal building.

We kept our keys with us the whole time, and the car park was dedicated to our ship only, so was locked up after the ship had left.

Very secure, and pleasingly no seagull "deposits" were found on the car when we got back either!

Highly recommended.

Thanks for all your responses, MrsTW, was your daughter happy with the shuttle car park?

We used the shuttle car park a couple of years ago and commented that we preferred it to the other car park.

You park your own car, load whatever carryon luggage you have into the trailer of the minibus, then hop in and they drive you to the door of the terminal.

The main (and more expensive car park), you park then lug your own carryon across the car park and across to the terminal.

We decided it actually involved less walking being further away (how lazy are we?!).

The shuttle didn't wait until it was full to drive to the terminal, and the pick up when we came back was waiting for us as we exited the terminal building.

We kept our keys with us the whole time, and the car park was dedicated to our ship only, so was locked up after the ship had left.

Very secure, and pleasingly no seagull "deposits" were found on the car when we got back either!

Highly recommended.

No problem at all Meg and exactly as Shelley has said! :)

Archived