Finally I believe in the SEMI Upgrade Fairy

apples1996

I have been on seven cruises since I started cruising in 2007. I have always heard of the upgrade fairy but NEVER had it happen to me and I was beginning to think it never would. On Thursday night I was getting back in my car after being at a fundraiser to help raise money for a homeless shelter in the area. I had left my phone out in the car. I saw I had a call from Miami, FL. Just for the heck of it I dialed the number up to find out it was Carnival. I reached an operator who pretty much told me it was just a courtesy call to see if I had any question on my upcoming cruise. I told them no and I hung up. I was a little bummed thinking dang no upgrade call. When I hung up I noticed that the previous missed call had left me a voicemail. I listened to the voicemail and her the lady say she was calling from Carnival wanting to offer me an upgrade at a "great" price. She had left her name, number, and extension so I gave her a call. She offered me an Onceanview suite for an additional $452. I immediately got on line and saw that if I booked it online it would be an additional $1010. Since it will be our anniversary the week before the cruise I said "WHY NOT". I know it wasn't free but I have always wanted a suite but could never justify the huge difference in price. I am super excited. I now believe some form of the upgrade fairy truly exist.

Sharon

Kentucky

That's great! Sounds like a great price- more than half off. Is it a 7 day cruise, upgrade from an OV to an OV suite? What ship?

It is on the Carnival Victory. We were already booked in a balcony where I had received two seperate price drops by watching on a weekly basis for a total of 430 dollars and received a 50 OBC. I figured if I had booked the cruise at the higher price before the price drops then it would be no biggie to take my savings from the price drops and apply it to the $452 she offered me the Ocean Suite for at the time. It will be my niece's first cruise. She is 13 so I am excited for her too. My 14 year old daughter is super excited too. Like me she has always wanted to see a suite but like I mentioned before I could never justify the price. I was surprised too because we don't sail until the end of June.

Sharon

Kentucky

Archived