95 Days to go!! Have Some Questions

Rachel83706

I'll be on my 3rd cruise to Alaska (2nd with Carnival) in 95 days. :D I am getting super excited - I LOVE Alaska. I'm bringing my mom. This will be her first time (we are also booked with a group) ...

Anyway, I have some questions. This will be my first time wanting to get off the ship in a hurry on debarkation day - so how do I go about letting Carnival know that I have plans and I have to go? (Not even sure what time they start letting people off - I think we dock at 7:30) I already filled out the forms and they asked if I was flying out after the cruise and I said "no" I just don't want them to think that means I don't have anywhere else to go - we are booked for a tour and I really need to be in the cab by 9am ... Is it faster if we carry out our luggage on our own? (I have never done this before)

Another question - I called Special Needs and asked about putting egg crates on the beds. They don't have any (:confused:) but they said we could bring our own. Should I call them and let them know we are bringing them so house keeping doesn't have to make our bed twice ... will they just let me drop those off when we board the ship? (You guys probably don't know - just thought I'd ask)

You will have no trouble getting off the ship by 9 am if you are doing walk off, i.e. carrying your own luggage off. Walk off with your luggage is always called first.. so just get in line and easy peasy.. you will be off well before 9 am if you get in line early.

Going to the cabins early is just for those who pay $50 for FTTF, or are platinum or higher .. so if not one of those then you are not supposed to go to your cabin early.

Put the egg crate in a suitcase on wheels so its easy to handle, and it wouldnt be a problem.

Its your choice if you are not platinum to pay the $50 per cabin to get faster to the fun and be allowed to your cabin early and it will be ready supposedly when you board. Otherwise you are supposed to wait until 1:30 pm.

Going to the cabins early is just for those who pay $50 for FTTF, or are platinum or higher .. so if not one of those then you are not supposed to go to your cabin early.

Put the egg crate in a suitcase on wheels so its easy to handle, and it wouldnt be a problem.

Its your choice if you are not platinum to pay the $50 per cabin to get faster to the fun and be allowed to your cabin early and it will be ready supposedly when you board. Otherwise you are supposed to wait until 1:30 pm.

Actually, I really don't care at all about going to my cabin early ... my question was mainly because I didn't want them to think they had to have a made bed waiting for me and then have to make it all over again when I hand over the egg crates :eek: But I am sure if I call special needs they can make a note of it and let them know we don't need to have the bed made until later.

I think we will definitely carry our luggage off the ship - thanks for the advice :)

Archived