Need Godfrey Help

We_B_CruzN

We are thinking of booking the Godfrey tours in ST. Thomas but noticed that Carnival Glory arrives at 10am and it taking 1-1.5hrs to go through customs. Has anyone taken Glory and used Godfrey tours?:confused:

we are thinking we maybe rushed to much or not have enough time to soak in the glories of ST. Thomas:eek:

or am I just being silly:p :D

We are thinking of booking the Godfrey tours in ST. Thomas but noticed that Carnival Glory arrives at 10am and it taking 1-1.5hrs to go through customs. Has anyone taken Glory and used Godfrey tours?:confused:

we are thinking we maybe rushed to much or not have enough time to soak in the glories of ST. Thomas:eek:

or am I just being silly:p :D

I recommend dropping an Email to Godfrey.. He would personally know what to expect with the Glory.. as he does this week after week.. He will respond right away..

Email Godfrey and tell him the ship you are on,

He will reply to you ( it may take a day or two ) and he will telll you if he has room, what time, what is available as far as a tour and the time you have. He knows the arrival of these ships like the back of his hand !

He is very easy to work with.

Actually he is wonderful !

LOL

:)

Worth every pennny and more....

Godfrey knows the problems of getting off the ship in St Thomas. We were on the Valor in May and booked the 10 am tour with him. We were 45 minutes late but we still made the tour by taking the 11 am tour. The line to get through Customs began aft and then ran the length of the ship. Now here is the bad part. Then it went down a deck and you walked the ship again. The line moves quickly but 3,000 people have to go through it.

By the way, Godfrey is great and that is best choice of tours in St Thomas.

Did Godfrey in St Thomas on the Glory too. We told him to pick us up for 11:00. Here is a tip for the customs at St Thomas (which some people may get mad at) as soon as they call the first group to go through customs go wait in line. They will ask that only people who have early tours through the ship get in line first... then they will call people with later ship tour times.. then everyone else with no tours.. we waited about 30 minutes then got in line and found out that everyone in front of us and behind us didnt have ship tours either... all you do is wait in line and then tell them your name and you get a sticker that you have to wear all day... you didnt have to show them your tour ticket or anything

(this was a year ago so i dont know if anything changed since then)

We really did love using Godfrey.. but the only word of caution is.. do not necessarily take his advice on a Jewelry store..

I love what I bought.... and they were nice gave us sodas..etc.. but told us it was a special setting designed for them etc.. of course this wasnt true.. as not only did we see similar settings.. but my same ring.. w/larger stones.. starting at MY DISCOUNTED>>GODFREY FRIEND PRICE..lol

So.. yes the jewelers were nice.. I like my ring at $100 over.... but it is not the BEST Jeweler.. or Best Price on St. Thomas..

Shop around and read CC!

I know St Maarten has better deals on T-shirts and trinket type things. I was bringing home Tshirts for everyone and bought them in St Thomas and wished i would have waited till St Maarten. Liquor and Cubans were cheaper there too..

But i dont have the luxury of buying jewelry on my cruises so i wouldnt know about these items!

The ring I bought in St. Thomas >> I found one ON

ST> MAARTEN that had bigger stones. Its starting price(always haggle) was the same I paid for the smaller stones exact same setting.. (Tanzanite).

BUT..dont buy an ice cream on the french side!!OUCH>> expensive..

The exchange rate was a killer..

Bring your bottle of water from the ship.. its cheaper

Archived