FLL Sheraton Yankee Clipper

coiran

If you get the Clipper on priceline, they will usually put you in the building across the street from the beach. The Clipper is a very old property and shows its age. The oceanview rooms have a great view of the beach, but they don't have balconies. I will say that the service is really top notch at the Clipper. The staff is just waiting for you to make a special request. It is the best service we have had at a FLL hotel.

The bad part about bidding for a 3 star in FLL is that you might get the Holiday Inn. I wouldn't stay there. Read a few of the reports on tripadvisor.

Bidding 3 * in the beach zone of Ft. Lauderdale can also give you the Radisson. I got this property compliments of priceline. Its a very nice hotel, older, but still very nice with excellent service. Would stay here again.

Yes it is an older property, but the rooms are well kept, clean and ours was quite large. We were put in the beachside building and loved walking out of the lobby right onto the beach. They have nice free snacks in the bar during cocktail hour and the staff are all very accomodating. I would definitely stay there again! :) :)

I have stayed at the Yankee Clipper on four occasions over the past two years. I have always bid on Priceline hoping for this property. I have always in the past bid 3 stars Fll beach and bid the amount of $52.00 to get this property.

As has been mentioned before, with Priceline you take the chance of possibly receiving another property. I wish you luck.

Hi Corian, Fellow sun Oct 19th cruiser.

We stayed here last Oct for 3 days. We loved it I agree the staff is very friendly, liked the resturant, though not the cheapest but convienent for us they also have a 24hr mini store for snacks ect. Its close to one of the Water Taxi stops and we liked being on the beach. When we checked in they wanted to put us on the 3rd floor which is what I had heard they did for Priceline guests and I begged for a room higher up for the quiet. Ended up in Starwood Prefered guest room could look out window and see the ships come in and tops of ships in port. I did get it on priceline for $70 which I though twas good. Took quite a few days of bidding, I think I ended up on re-bids adding a 4* and a area that did not have 4*. we wanted 4 days there but could only get 3 days. Stayed 1 night at holiday Inn Beach it was awfull and paid $65 for that.

Gee. It is one of the hotels offered by Celebrity for a pre-cruise stay. I can't imagine it not be up to thier standards.

Looks like Celebrity has lowered their standards. I would think Celebrity would use Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott etc, not a Sheraton. This one is old and outdated, but on the upside, it is scheduled for a major renovation.

Archived