Dress code for little boys for the MDRs

Can't seem to find this anywhere. Does anyone know what the dress code is for the MDRs? Are collared shirts required, or just shirts that are not T-shirts? If so, is there more leeway for little boys by any chance?

Was planning on my 7-yr-old wearing short-sleeved polos, but after hearing the dining rooms are cold, I figured he might need long sleeves- but he HATES button-down dress shirts and he has no LS polos at the moment (and they may be impossible to find in stores right now; we're cruising 5/26). :/

Our boys were 7.5&5 yrs on our last NCL cruise. They wear polo shirts or clean tsnirts with clean shorts to the more casual restaurant, but button down shirts and dress pants to the more formal restaurant or specialty restaurants. I do find my boys tend to be dressed up more than most other boys their age. The boys don't find the dinning rooms cold (like I do!), but they do each have a blazer to wear over their dress shirt.

I have taken my son for many yrs on NCL-they do not have to dress up in the dining rooms. Shorts and a nice pull over is fine. IN the nicer restaurants ,maybe a collared pull over.

Can't seem to find this anywhere. Does anyone know what the dress code is for the MDRs? Are collared shirts required, or just shirts that are not T-shirts? If so, is there more leeway for little boys by any chance?

Was planning on my 7-yr-old wearing short-sleeved polos, but after hearing the dining rooms are cold, I figured he might need long sleeves- but he HATES button-down dress shirts and he has no LS polos at the moment (and they may be impossible to find in stores right now; we're cruising 5/26). :/

Sailing on the Breakaway July 14th with the family and friends. My boys are 8 and 5 and have both sailed with us on NCL several times. I can assure you that shorts and t-shirts are fine. I am always freezing in the diningroom but they never are! ;0) I usually bring a light jacket for them just in case unless they are wearing a long sleeve shirt.

My boys (8 and 3 on our first cruise) always wore nice shorts and a nice shirt in the MDRs. They usually wore a polo, but have also worn nice tshirts. Although I usually have a light sweater on, they were never cold. They do not really enforce things on the younger kids, but I do believe the dress code posted for them does say shorts are OK. My oldest will be 13 when we go in December....he will be thrilled to know he has to dress nice this time!

Archived