How much Cash

Lorethian

My family and I are taking the Norwegian Sea next week to the Western Carribian. How much cash should we carry for the local port of calls?

There is NO correct answer...and based on your information, no one can give you one...

What do you plan on doing in port? Are you going on a shore excursion you've pre-booked and pre-paid through the ship? Or are you hiring local guides or local taxis?

Are you going to eat in port? Or head back for the ship?

Do you plan on making purchases (such as souveniers) from local shops or street vendors that don't take credit cards? Or are you making purchases only by credit card from established stores that accept credit cards?

Some people spend virtually nothing in port, others spend hundreds of dollars at every stop...Depending on your plans and spending habits, you could be anywhere in between...

Figure out how you are likely to spend your time and plan accordingly...and remember, this is an age of Credit Cards and omnipresent ATMs...With a charge card or ATM card or by charging to your ship account, you can even get more cash onboard...

Befor you go alert your CC company to where you will be and for how long. As for your question the above poster is correct you have given very little info. I generally take maybe $40.00 in small US funds. Any change you get will not be worth much. If it is for a more expensive item I use a cc. If you are going on pre-paid excursion from the ship or if you paid for it on your credit card ie Native Way then you will not need much, just the tip.

Archived