Embarkation day!

jdblakeslee

Aloha, all! We are almost packed and ready to leave for Hawaii Thursday. We have reservations to spend time at Pearl Harbor Saturday before we check in on the POA. I just read a trip report where the posters had a difficult time getting to and from there by taxi.

Our original plan was to check out of our hotel (Outrigger) early Saturday morning and have them store our luggage while we spend time at PH. Then, return to the Outrigger to collect our luggage and head to the pier.

Now I'm wondering if it would be smarter to drop off our luggage at the pier? Is that even an option? I guess I'm a bit concerned about having enough travel time to make all these runs from hotel to PH, back to hotel, then to the pier...

What would your best advice be, experts??

Thanks,

Jennifer

Problem solved. I called Peggy at the Aloha Tower Baggage Storage Service, (808) 739-0007, and they will store our bags. We will drop them off on our way to Pearl Harbor (storage opens at 8 a.m.) and pick them up after we finish our time at PH. Shuttle to Pier 2.

www.alohatower.com/marketplace-information/baggage-storage-service/

Don't know what time your reservation is for PH but why pay for luggage storage if you don't have to. You can drop your luggage at the pier (anytime after 9 am)and not even go into terminal as long as it's tagged.

We have done this a few times in order to take off for the day site seeing.

There is also storage at the pier terminal if you need it when disembarking.

• 3 weeks later...

Are you given this information by NCL once final payment is made and documents are sent? I was thinking about the Aloha Tower storage as well. I am trying to plan this morning and any suggestions are very welcome.

We used the storage at the Aloha Tower. It's located in the same office as Platinum Limo Service and we called ahead to let them know that we wanted to store our bags there. They opened at 8 a.m. on embarkation day and we met them as they were unlocking the doors. Our scheduled time at the USS Arizona was 10 a.m. and we wanted to get there earlier to get our reserved tickets and walk around a bit. They charged us $ 20 for our two large bags. It's very convenient to the pier with just a quick taxi stop to retrieve the bags.

www.alohatower.com/marketplace-information/baggage-storage-service/

(808) 739-0007, ask for Peggy

Archived