Labadee - The fight of getting the cabana you want. My story

Yurita

I gotta agree with this 100%. Why does everything need to planned out so minutely? Let fate take its course.

For someone like me, I have to plan my options out carefully. I have a medical condition that I cannot allow myself to get alot of sun on me. I've worked hard over 7 painful years to get my skin to the point where it's "normal" looking. No use spending $250 for a cabana that I won't have use of the two outside loungers due to sun exposure and reactivating my skin condition.

Moral of the story is that there is often a good reason behind so many posters questions of which the other posters are unaware. :cool:

• 2 weeks later...
For someone like me, I have to plan my options out carefully. I have a medical condition that I cannot allow myself to get alot of sun on me. I've worked hard over 7 painful years to get my skin to the point where it's "normal" looking. No use spending $250 for a cabana that I won't have use of the two outside loungers due to sun exposure and reactivating my skin condition.

Moral of the story is that there is often a good reason behind so many posters questions of which the other posters are unaware. :cool:

I apologize. But at the same time there are also people who simply want the "best" cabana. It's those people I'm referring to.

• 2 weeks later...

For those that have been to Labadee recently I would like to know if our group can get cabanas together. There will be 13+ of us in 3 cabanas. We would like to get cabanas with stairs not ladders. A few of us are sun sensitive due to BP meds and/or have mobility problems with ladders.

Thanks,

Norine

• 1 month later...
I'm one of Norine's 13 and my main requirement is no ladder. Stairs are ok. Sounds like #3 has a ladder. Do any others have ladders? I prefer to face the water and plan to reserve the more expensive over the water cabana's.

I believe #1, #2, #10, #9, don't have ladders, don't remember the rest. But I'm sure you can request 3 cabanas together as soon as you arrive. Like I said earlier, the sooner you arrive and get your assignment, the sooner you can request 3 cabanas in a row. I believe your best bet is to get #10, 9 & 8. Just remember all cabanas share a back hall in common, so you can access any other cabana from the back hallway.

The upgraded buffet at Barefoot Beach used to be offered to those who rented Nellie's Beach cabanas. However, unless you reserved a cabana before October 4, 2013, you will no longer be given access to that buffet and will need to eat at one of the other places on the island. Royal changed the description just recently. You can follow the outrage at several threads in this forum.

Archived