Disney Wonder June30-July3

hhicks

My daughter(age 15) and I will be sailing with you. I've been trying to find others, but have been useing disboards.com. It's getting very close now, and I'm very excited! Wondering how full the ship will be........??:confused:

Nasasu, myfriend, is the dirtiest city I have ever seen. If you do not run into cab right away, you will see rats on the streets, and I mean in center of the city. Historic tour is disaster, lots of walking for nothing, money thrown in wind. Atlantis hotel complex is the only thing worth seeing, so go for it, but watch your money

Greetings

Nice to Know my family and I will not be sailing alone. My MDSH (my dear snorer Hubby. SD 19 DS 7 and my coworker. I am getting scared cause all the stories I am hearing about Nassau

Helen

I would take the previous poster's dire warnings with a grain of salt; he seems to have hit the board and run. If Nassau was as scary as he paints it, I don't think the cruiselines would keep it on so many itineraries! Many people who have been there seem to find it more boring than anything else, but I've seen many people suggest getting off there to shop or go to The Pirate Museum then get back on the boat after an hour or so. Others suggest just using the day as an exuse to stay on an almost-empty boat.

I've been to Nassau before. As in all places, you need to be careful, but I felt fairly safe there. The Atlantis Resort is very clean and lovely. I'm sure you'd feel fine there. I'm traveling with my DD16, and I'm not planning on spending the whole day on the shop. We'll probably get off, tour some sites on our own, then back on the shop early. Don't worry.........you'll have as great time!:)

Archived