Ironing of Formal Dresses

NoVa Mimi

Do most of you iron your dresses before the cruise, or utilize the ironing services onboard? My problem is that I ordered a dress from Nordstroms...very nice, but it does have some wrinkles from shipping. My problem is that it has toulle (sp), and I don't know if I should have it ironed professionally here I was quoted $35.00, do it myself (how does one iron this?), or have it done on the ship? We will be on Adventure of the Seas in July. I'd appreciate any suggestions you all might have!

PAy for it so be ironed professionally and pack it with lots of tissue paper. Tulle also responds well to steam (I seem to remember this from my ballet days when I was 6) but not for heavy duty wrinles. Just hang it as soon as you can and pack it last and you should be OK. Sounds lovely.

If I was going to pay to have it done professionally, I would do so aboard ship. Why pay all that money and have it wrinkle anyway?

I cannot imagine that it would be as much as you were quoted locally!

I always pack a travel steamer and it works really well. 20 bucks at Walmart.

Thank you very much for your responses! The dress is not badly wrinkled, just some "folds" :) I think I will just keep my fingers crossed and let them take care of it on the ship, as I think that it might indeed get wrinkled in transport. Thank you again for your help!

Archived