Barcelona - feedback and NCL EPIC

Just returned from a recent cruise on the EPIC, boarding in Barcelona, but arrived 1 day early to enjoy the city. Below is some feedback from the venues and companies we used. Hopefully it's helpful for folks.

Sun Transfers - We hired Sun Transfers to go from airport to Hotel Jazz. Also, from port to airport after debarkation. Overall, they were really good. When we got off the plane, got through customs, picked up our bags, they were waiting with our name as we exited the doors. Even though our flight was 4 hours late, they monitored it and had no issues. After the cruise, we debarked and right on time, to the minute, the driver showed up at the exit doors, with our name and we were off.

Hotel Jazz - Location was great, close to Las Ramblas and HoHo. Starbucks 1 block away for nice morning coffee. Hotel very clean. Room was a little warm and couldn't seem to get the air to cool it down, but was so tired from the trip, I slept great. Very clean. We were on the 7th floor, did hear some partying outside at 1-2AM, but that was it. The roof top pool looked great, but didn't have time to use it.

Barcelona Day Tours - We asked about a morning city tour the day of our cruise and they responded quickly and confirmed the tour. They picked us up at Hotel Jazz in the morning (9am'ish), it was a small 6 person tour going through much of the city. We got out and walked around Sagrada Familia and Park Guell. Even though we did HoHo day before, this tour was nice and the guide was great. I'd use them again. The nice thing, they dropped us off right at the EPIC with our luggage @ 1:30pm.

Hoho Red Bus - Great experience. We bought the tickets on line, walked to the central park, got in line and rode around listening to the taped voice about each location. Never waited long, 5-10 minutes, for a bus. Warning, the stop for Park Guell, is at the bottom of the hill. 15 minute walk up hill and then you are at the bottom of the park. Bring your walking shoes :)

Sagrada Familia - Let's just say, buy tickets ahead of time on line for the day and 1 hour arrival time. We bought tickets ahead of time and walked right in. Since our flight was 4 hours late, we were 30 minutes past our 1 hour window on the ticket. We explained the situation and they let us in. We did the audio tour and it was a nice addition. This was the highlight of my vacation. Amazing to see in person. As I walked through the doors into the church, I felt like I walked through an emotional time warp, chills through my arms and even got watery eyes. Never experienced this before in my life.

Debarkation of the EPIC - So easy. We did walk off. Left at 6:30am, not knowing if there would be a big line, but nothing. Took all of 3 minutes. Many taxis waiting, we may use this route if we go again, but I liked pre-paying and Sun Transfers was great. I think they started debarking around 5:30-5:45'ish, but no verbal announcements before 7am. The drive from the port to the airport took all of 20 minutes. We easily got at the gate 3 hours before our 10:45am flight. No line at the US Airways check in counter, some check in lines for other companies were very very long!

Hope this helps. Gotta get back to work, as I'm way behind, so any questions, may take a while before I can respond. Sorry ahead of time.

Archived