6 hours in OSJ

SuperCurmudgeon

My GF and I will have 6 hours in OSJ. The challenge is our ship docks at 6AM and we need to start heading to the airport around noon.

El Morro and Castillo de San Cristobal don't open until 9. From what I've read El Morro sounds more picturesque but San Cristobal is closer to town. Would it be too much to try to see both forts?

My GF and I will have 6 hours in OSJ. The challenge is our ship docks at 6AM and we need to start heading to the airport around noon.

El Morro and Castillo de San Cristobal don't open until 9. From what I've read El Morro sounds more picturesque but San Cristobal is closer to town. Would it be too much to try to see both forts?

No. They are not far apart, just a little bit of a walk, 15-20 minutes. There is a free shuttle that goes by the forts from the cruise pier in OSJ. I don't know what time it starts running though.

Even though the ship shows 6am - that is not the actual time you can disembark. Are you planning on carrying off your own luggage? If yes, you could possibly be off by 7:00am- 7:30am - at the earliest. If not carrying off your luggage - it will be at least 8am. There is a free trolley that travels Old San Juan, but I'm not sure what you would do with your luggage. Luggage is normally the biggest issue with those who have some time to kill.

Archived