NCL 48-hour price guarantee ??

marc b

So as luck would have it, price drops $ 150/PP on our cruise cabin category the day after we make final payment. Our TA calls NCL and says NCL rep knows nothing about a 48 hr. price guarantee. So I call NCL and incredibly I get the same response, but am told they have to deal with my TA. So I call my TA back, walk her through the NCL website, and suggest that she call NCL and do the same with them. In the interim, I fill out the price guarantee form on the NCL website. TA now tells me NCL told her they would touch base with me.

Anybody know the mechanics of this and what I should expect next ? Figure a $ 330 OBC would be fine, but some days I think I the world is taking crazy pills. How would 2 different NCL reps not know something this basic ?? Any experience with this would be appreciated. THANKS !!

The 48 hour price guarantee does not apply to your situation. It only applies if you find a lower price within 48 hours of making your initial deposit at the time of booking. It does not apply to price drops after final payment.

From the NCL website:

What is a "Best Price. Guaranteed." Program?

It is Norwegian Cruise Line's guarantee that you will receive the lowest price available at time of booking. If within 48 hours of making your deposit you find a qualifying lower price, advertised to the general public on ncl.com or on a piece of communication directly from Norwegian, Norwegian Cruise Line will offer you the option to take the new reduced price or to receive an Onboard Credit (OBC) equal to 110% of the price difference.

So as luck would have it, price drops $ 150/PP on our cruise cabin category the day after we make final payment. Our TA calls NCL and says NCL rep knows nothing about a 48 hr. price guarantee. So I call NCL and incredibly I get the same response, but am told they have to deal with my TA. So I call my TA back, walk her through the NCL website, and suggest that she call NCL and do the same with them. In the interim, I fill out the price guarantee form on the NCL website. TA now tells me NCL told her they would touch base with me.

Anybody know the mechanics of this and what I should expect next ? Figure a $ 330 OBC would be fine, but some days I think I the world is taking crazy pills. How would 2 different NCL reps not know something this basic ?? Any experience with this would be appreciated. THANKS !!

http://www.ncl.com/freestyle-cruise/best-price-guarantee

Were you within 48 hours of making your reservation or after final payment? Their best-price-guarantee is for 48 hours from making deposit/booking....not after final payment from the way I've read the terms.

Soooo - never made a deposit - wonder how NCL will handle this? I am a frequent cruiser with them, and could interpret that deposit and final payment were one in the same. Of course, they can say no deposit, so deal does not apply....nothing's easy...lol.....

My final payment was due at the time I booked...soooo...never made a deposit. Wonder what the fine print there is ??

Here's the fine print from the terms and conditions:

"...guarantee offer is not combinable with an NCL fare reduction..."

What happened is that NCL reduced the fare, something that frequently happens after the final payment deadline if there are still cabins to fill.

Think I got it. Still will be interesting to see what their response is, but gives me a better idea what expectation should be......anybody know how long it generally takes them to respond? And is it via e-mail? Odds on them cutting me some slack since I am a frequent customer ?

Some here on CC have reported receiving a small OBC when there has been a rate reduction. Others have been offered an upgrade. It never hurts to ask and you just might get lucky. I hope you do!

Soooo - never made a deposit - wonder how NCL will handle this? I am a frequent cruiser with them, and could interpret that deposit and final payment were one in the same. Of course, they can say no deposit, so deal does not apply....nothing's easy...lol.....

You made a deposit - it just happened to be for full/final fare.

Took a few calls and some perseverance, but NCL issued us the price difference plus 10% for OBC. Very nice. Apparently, if your price changes within 48 hours of initial payment, whether that payment is deposit or full payment (because of timing of booking), they will honor guarantee. One needs patience and politeness when dealing with NCL. They are nice, but some agents are much more knowledgeable than others, and some supervisors are better than others. At one point, thought I would have their whole Miami Table of Organization mapped out before the issue got resolved.

They did the right thing here. I am a very loyal customer, and will spend more $$ with them in the years to come.....sort of like an investment.....

Archived