Pack n play question

zamboni1978

We will be doing a 9 day cruise on NCL's Gem in October and our daughter will be 7 months old. We will be driving to the pier and will have our pack n play as we're staying at least one night in a hotel on our way there (8 hr road trip).

Should I bring the PNP on the ship or just request one from NCL?

NCL will have one available to you. You may want to pack your own sheets and blankets.

I'll second this, especially the sheet. We were given a regular sized flat sheet for the crib. Not only was it annoying, but with a smaller baby it's a suffocation hazard. My DD was two, so it wasn't as much as an issue safety-wise, but she's a crazy sleeper, and it always bunched up on her. I had assumed they would have the correct size...Disney always did at their resorts. (we hadn't cruised DCL at that point)

I agree as well. Our DD has been on many cruises and she's not even 3 yet! Our first ones we didnt bring a sheet and it worked but boy she slept so much better when we brought our own sheets! Bring a few so you have a backup. Also most hotels should have a pack and play too so leave yours at home ahold work.

If it's not too much trouble, I'd bring your own PnP. We've sailed twice when we needed a PnP, and both times used the ship's. The first time the PnP was very clean and in excellent condition. The 2nd time, it was disgusting and they gave me a new one only after repeated requests and a visit to guest relations. Even after all that, the 2nd PnP was only marginally cleaner. :( Regardless, definitely bring your own sheets.

We've done both and while it is a pain to bring your own, it is nice to know that it is clean and in good condition. We have had ones on ships that were fine and we have also had some nasty ones that we have sent back. On one ship (HAL Amsterdam) we sent back 3 of them that were all broken before getting one that was "ok".

Since you are driving I would go ahead and bring it on the ship with you. Just put a luggage tag on it and have them bring it to your cabin. Either way I would definitely bring your own sheets.

We are flying down the night before and staying in a hotel before cruising on the Oasis at end of June. We'll be bringing our own pack and play for our 2 year old. Pretty much for cleanliness reasons....sleeping and napping for 7 days is a lot and I don't want to worry about the random stains and wear and tear I see.

If you have room in the car and its not that big of a deal, I would recomend you just bring your own.

On our last cruise (Royal Carribean) the ship was never able to produce the pack n play we had requested. Our 2 year old ened up on the sofa / with us all week.

Not a huge deal, but certainly annoying since we had it on our reservation and asked about it multiple times before we left port.

• 3 weeks later...
On the Star last year we had a crib. You can call ahead and reserve it. It was in fine shape.

We're considering going next summer on Star with our then 7-month old son. I'm wondering if you (or anyone here) can give some pros and cons of a crib versus a PnP, and perhaps let us know what room type you had and how cramped it ended up being...thanks in advance!

Archived