Questions about Allure Cabin 6674

We are booked on the Allure in July 2013 in Cabin 6674. Since I have never sailed on this ship before, I was wondering if anyone out there has information about this cabin.

We chose this cabin since we are traveling with 2 teenage boys and wanted a sofa bed and pullman bed.

1. Since this cabin is by the Boardwalk, did anyone experience any noise?

2. Is the bed by the closet or by the balcony in this cabin?

3. Is the view from the balcony obstructed by lifeboats since those are just below deck 6?

4. Does anyone have pictures of this cabin interior?

5. Are there other cabins in the D4 category that might be better? Are other decks better than deck 6?

Thanks for your help. I am depending on the Cruise Critic community to help me out. :)

We are booked on the Allure in July 2013 in Cabin 6674. Since I have never sailed on this ship before, I was wondering if anyone out there has information about this cabin.

We chose this cabin since we are traveling with 2 teenage boys and wanted a sofa bed and pullman bed.

1. Since this cabin is by the Boardwalk, did anyone experience any noise?

2. Is the bed by the closet or by the balcony in this cabin?

3. Is the view from the balcony obstructed by lifeboats since those are just below deck 6?

4. Does anyone have pictures of this cabin interior?

5. Are there other cabins in the D4 category that might be better? Are other decks better than deck 6?

Thanks for your help. I am depending on the Cruise Critic community to help me out. :)

We have stayed in Cabin 6668 several times, just a few cabins away from yours. I can't answer all your questions, but here goes:

1. No noise! We were right at the elevators and didn't hear a thing, including New Years Eve night.

2. Not sure of the bed configuration. Every other cabin has the bed by the balcony, as ours did.

3. Our cabin had no lifeboats below it. For the ones that do, there is a slight obstruction looking straight down, but I don't believe it is a problem. The boats are well below the balcony.

4. Sorry, no photos. (But the cabin is pretty small for 4 people, IMO.)

5. We loved our location! Deck 6 is so convenient to everything. We prefer an oceanview balcony. There is little privacy with a Boardwalk or Central Park balcony.

Hope this helps -- good luck!:)

I will be in cabin 6676, nest door to your cabin. My research has indicated that cabin 6676 has it's been close to the balcony door. This would make the bed in 6674 beside the closet.

I was in this general area when on the Oasis. The location is great, close to the elevator/stairs and the entrances to Boardwalk and Central Park, as well as the Promenade and main dining rooms. Noise was not a factor in these cabins, nor are the life boats an issue.

I will be in cabin 6676, nest door to your cabin. My research has indicated that cabin 6676 has it's been close to the balcony door. This would make the bed in 6674 beside the closet.

I was in this general area when on the Oasis. The location is great, close to the elevator/stairs and the entrances to Boardwalk and Central Park, as well as the Promenade and main dining rooms. Noise was not a factor in these cabins, nor are the life boats an issue.

Wow, I should have proof read this. Let me try again.

My research has indicated that cabin 6676 has it's bed close to the balcony; I have this cabin booked on the Allure. This would make the bed in 6674 next to the closet.

I was in this general area when on the Oasis. The location is great, close to the elevator/stairs and the entrances to the Boardwalk and Central Park, as well as the Promenade and main dining rooms. Noise was not a factor in these cabins, nor are the life boats an issue.

Archived