Road name to turn on to get to Bayonne terminal

Bell Ringer

We got off the NJ turnpike coming north from Delmarva....followed the signs, went across the bridge, took the correct left turn, although the sign wasn't very clear, and then traveled down the divided highway looking for the left hand turn to get to the port....and missed it twice. Of course, it takes a while to be able to go back and try again, SO for anyone from the area, please tell me what is the name of the road that we should turn left on to go back by those newer apartments ( or condos) that we keep missing?)

We have friends that are going soon, and I want them to appreciate my directions!

Thanks!

Route 440 south was reconfigured last year. If you get off the turnpike at exit 14A, you go straight across the toll plaza and up the ramp that curves left. You stay to the right and go right at every opportunity until you come to the light at route 440. You make a left, stay left, and take the first left turn which is Goldsborough Drive. This goes towards the newer condos and merges with Port Terminal Blvd further down. You can no longer turn left at Port Terminal Blvd going south on route 440. The last time I looked, RCL had not updated their web site to reflect this change.

However, if you are coming north on route 440 from the Bayonne Bridge, the right turn is still Port Terminal Blvd to get to the port.

That was the problem, we thought we would be going to the apartments if we turned there. Goldsboro Dr. sounds right to make the left turn because there is a light there. We just missed it on 2 different trips, and I want to give the best directions to our friends that are going next month.:)

Archived