A couple of newbie questions

astrowife

I've read many posts and reviews but have a couple of unanswered questions :-

The drinks package - I'm looking at the Norway cruise from Southampton on 22 June and can't find a price for the drinks package, I did see a special offer price of £20 pp but not sure if applicable to this cruise. Does this just cover draught beer?

has anyone made their own way from Imjuiden port to Amsterdam and if so how long did it take and what was the cost

This will be my first cruise so Ive got lots to take in.

Many thanks

Su

Hi! We went on the MSC Fantasia in 09 and loved the whole MSC experience! We were lucky enough to get the drinks package (non premium) for €1 pp pday..and it was absolutely brilliant. All our drinks were included...cocktails...wine at dinner..water...beer if you wanted..mixed drinks..sodas...juices..ice cream by the scoop..hot chocolate..and best of all...the mini bar in the cabin. We had a great cruise and have never seen a better drinks package on other cruiselines. Im not sure if anything has changed since 09 but im sure either someone here or even the MSC website will clarify the price but its usually around $20pp pday anyway. Id go for it even if I didnt get an offer on it...it makes the trip so much better not having to worry about what you can drink, not as long as its not premium (champagne, high end whiskeys etc.) Its the way to go. Our total cruise bill for 12days was €89 and that was because we took a day trip!!

The drinks package - I'm looking at the Norway cruise from Southampton on 22 June and can't find a price for the drinks package, I did see a special offer price of £20 pp but not sure if applicable to this cruise. Does this just cover draught beer?

Su, quoting myself for a change on a similarly titled thread just beneath,

MSC's all-inclusive package, Allegrissimo, where available, is possibly the best-value all-inclusive package of any cruise line (it covers not just branded drinks, but cocktails, smoothies, ice creams, speciality coffees, and a choice of wines by the glass including a very respectable sparkling for a nominal €23/night this Summer and £18/night next Winter inclusive of service if pre-booked).

Yes that €23 is £20 in the UK.

has anyone made their own way from Imjuiden port to Amsterdam and if so how long did it take and what was the cost

This will be my first cruise so Ive got lots to take in.

Many thanks

Su

I give a full answer about the drinks package on this thread you started on Cruising mates

http://www.cruisingmates.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=48&t=5628&p=90855#p90855

Pete

Archived