How many formal nights would you prefer

How many formal nights would you prefer on a 7-9 day cruise  

113 members have voted

1. 1. How many formal nights would you prefer on a 7-9 day cruise

I think one formal night is enough. It is nice to get all dressed up and have an elegant night, especially with the formal pictures.

We just booked Grandeur of the Seas for Sept on the 9 night out of Baltimore. This will be our first cruise for 9 nights so I asked the rep that was taking the booking how many formal nights will be on a 9 night cruise, he said...3. I cringed. But the price was right and 9 days on a cruise, I am there. So will have to grin and bear.

If you reduce the formal nights to just one it seems like even more of a hassle to bring all those special clothes. I think getting rid of formal night would be a better option than cutting it back to one night.

I can live with two, as I voted. Would really like just one, could easily live with none. No matter what, at the end of the day, I still have to shower before dinner, after a day in the fun and sun, put on my make-up, blow dry my hair and get dressed. That's the given, and it;s like getting ready for work, except at night. The clothing at that point is incidenatal. So it really makes no difference other than maybe another trip to the spa/salon for an updo for the evening, which is really no hardship to me at all, and actaully makes me look better. ;)

I can live with two, as I voted. Would really like just one, could easily live with none. No matter what, at the end of the day, I still have to shower before dinner, after a day in the fun and sun, put on my make-up, blow dry my hair and get dressed. That's the given, and it;s like getting ready for work, except at night. The clothing at that point is incidenatal. So it really makes no difference other than maybe another trip to the spa/salon for an updo for the evening, which is really no hardship to me at all, and actaully makes me look better. ;)
I agree, and I use clip in pony tails and updos. so I do not even need to fuss with my hair that night! keep it from drooping also!:D

If some people feel funny saying they love so many formal nights, then I guess I feel funny having more than 1 formal night. I think they're elegant and it feels good to dress up, but, I'm not on the ship to impress anyone, so why go through all of the hassle to impress who? Maybe it's because I've done so many formal nights on the 14 cruises we've taken that I am just tired of getting dressed up .

Dave

I prefer none. The first cruise, it was nice, but for me, gets old after a few cruises. I would prefer to not have to carry all those extra clothes/shoes to wear for an hour or so. It doesn't make me feel any differently in the diningroom than when I'm in more casual clothes. If they would serve the exact same food somewhere else on the ship, I would go there, but they don't. I wouldn't do two formal nights though, too much trouble to me, but that's my personal feeling.

On this past week's cruise, there were numbers of people not in formal wear. One couple next to us was in jeans. I really don't care what they wear myself, doesn't have any affect on my meal! I just eat, go straight to the room and get out of the clothes. Such a waste to me! We don't even do the pictures anymore, that gets old to me too. But, as long as they have formal nights, I'll comply or eventually just eat somewhere else. I think if I cruised a lot, I would skip it and do room service or something.

I think one formal night is enough. It is nice to get all dressed up and have an elegant night, especially with the formal pictures.

We just booked Grandeur of the Seas for Sept on the 9 night out of Baltimore. This will be our first cruise for 9 nights so I asked the rep that was taking the booking how many formal nights will be on a 9 night cruise, he said...3. I cringed. But the price was right and 9 days on a cruise, I am there. So will have to grin and bear.

Note to Optifire, I just returned from the 9 night out of Baltimore, they have 2 formal nights, not 3. Hope you have a great time. It was nice going out of Baltimore instead of having to fly to Florida to board a ship.

As for how many formal nights, I prefer none, but only because my husband does not like to wear a tux while on vacation. He has to wear a tux several times throughout the year, so for him it is more of "oh h*ll do I have to wear this thing again" type thing.

Annieeee

I like to get dressed up but have been on so many cruises(48), I would prefer just 1 Formal Night to go all out. By the end of the week when the 2nd Formal Night comes around I am not as interested. Maybe because of all the running around all week. I would just rather dress in dressy casual. My Hubby agrees.

I think 2 is a good number, but I prefer that they schedule them for sea days or else days we leave port early. I choose late seating so that helps, but I don't like feeling rushed to get ready after being in port until 7 or 8 PM. I'd like more formal evenings (every sea day?), but I don't think DH would agree. He is so used to working in the surgery unit and wearing comfy scrubs all day at work that he doesn't like to put on the jacket and tie (hangman's noose). But he looks so sexy dressed up!!!

Archived