Which weeks for B2B2B Greek Isles, Adriatic/Greece/Turkey, and Western Mediterranean?

allisons

Which weeks for B2B2B Greek Isles, Adriatic/Greece/Turkey, and Western Mediterranean?  

2 members have voted

1. 1. Which weeks for B2B2B Greek Isles, Adriatic/Greece/Turkey, and Western Mediterranean?

• August 30 - September 21
    • September 6 - September 28
    • September 13 - October 5
    • September 20 - October 12

Which weeks would be the best for a back-to-back-to-back Eastern Mediterranean/Greek Isles, Eastern Mediterranean/Adriatic, Greece & Turkey, and Western Mediterranean? I know that "best" is subjective. I mean best in terms of temperature not too hot or too cold, little or no rain, calm seas and smooth sailing, no missed ports, few tourists, few children, etc. Thank you so much!

There will still be lots of children/families about until the end of the first week of September. However, some Greek/Turkish resorts still start closing down from the last week of September, though the west med will remain open through the year (although reduced opening hours possible from middle October onwards).

We always go on land holidays the second seek of September and never had bad weather (not always hot, but always late teens early 20s degrees C, sometimes higher).

Cant comment on the seas I'm afraid.

There will still be lots of children/families about until the end of the first week of September. However, some Greek/Turkish resorts still start closing down from the last week of September, though the west med will remain open through the year (although reduced opening hours possible from middle October onwards).

We always go on land holidays the second seek of September and never had bad weather (not always hot, but always late teens early 20s degrees C, sometimes higher).

Cant comment on the seas I'm afraid.

Thank you so much! That is very helpful! I really appreciate it! So you would say to go September 6-28 or September 13-October 5??

I would highly recommend going in late September or early October. There will be far less tourists and the weather will be much more moderate.

Keith

Thank you so much! That is very helpful! I really appreciate it! So you would say to go September 13-October 5 or September 20-October 12??

I think if I were going to pick one I would probably choose the Sept 20 to Oct. 12th dates. You never know what the weather will be like and there is really only one week difference between the two so either should be fine. We went in 2011 from October 9th through the 21st and had beautiful weather---never too warm and only two days with light rain in the A.M., clearing by noon. The crowds had pretty much thinned out by then, even in Santorini, which I had stressed out about after reading these boards. The seas were mild. We did miss docking in Naples, however, at the end of the trip due to high winds and rough seas. Have a wonderful trip whatever you decide.

I think if I were going to pick one I would probably choose the Sept 20 to Oct. 12th dates. You never know what the weather will be like and there is really only one week difference between the two so either should be fine. We went in 2011 from October 9th through the 21st and had beautiful weather---never too warm and only two days with light rain in the A.M., clearing by noon. The crowds had pretty much thinned out by then, even in Santorini, which I had stressed out about after reading these boards. The seas were mild. We did miss docking in Naples, however, at the end of the trip due to high winds and rough seas. Have a wonderful trip whatever you decide.

Thank you so much! That is very helpful! I really appreciate it! I'm sure we will have a wonderful trip--that's the plan!

Archived