princess with kids???

seahawk8292

Help!! I have an anxious group of cruisers interested in The Caribbean Princess or the Golden Princess. Please let us know feedback on cruising with children ages 3-15 on Princess. Also let us know the age group of the guests on these ships. Thanks so much.:rolleyes:

We cruised the CP last September with 3 kids ages 9, 14, 16. They absolutely loved it. There were not a ton of kids on board, but enough that they had new friends to hang out with. The clubs are closed at noon and dinner time so we were able to be together as a family. It was the first true family "vacation" that we have had. Dh and I got to have some time for just the two of us and plenty of time as a family. We had 2 inside cabins, one for the kids and one for us. There was always something everyone would eat and something for each age group to do. We all did shore excursions, but kids can stay on board at the clubs during port days. We all loved it so much we are going on the Sapphire to Mexico in october. If you have specific questions I will try to answer them.

My son is 11 and is a gaming freak. Be aware that the Caribbean Princess does not have a gaming arcade. They have 3 Playstation 2's and 3 XBox' in their Princess Pelicans club, but that's it. I brought my son's Playstation 2 last year and his XBox this year. They hook right up to the front jacks on the TV. There are three cords, but only 2 jacks. You only need the 2 jacks for both consoles to work. Be sure to bring an extension cord since often, there is only one power outlet, not two in which to plug things in.

The Monk

We were with our grandkids (ages 5 and almost 8) on the May 28 CB sailing. Both kids loved the fun zone. They were there everytime the doors opened. Hours were 9 AM to noon, 2PM to 5PM and 7PM to 10PM. Our grandson is an adventurous eater and mixed and matched from the adult and child's menu. He particularly liked the adult soups and appetizers and the kids entrees and fruit salads. Our granddaughter likes chicken fingers and could get them every night. The kids desserts especially the love boat volcano were big hits. Both kids took part in the Kids Idol presentation. They made t-shirts, took tours and just really enjoyed the entire experience.

We haven't gone on these two ships but the number of kids depends on time of year. My girl was 5 on the Star Princess but that was in February and there were two other kids her exact age. She was 7 on the Sapphire. That was in August so there were many more kids. More activities, more groups of kids. She loves the program.

There's post-10pm babysitting ($5/hr) where they sleep or watch movies. You just need to sign up ahead of time. You also have to sign up ahead of time for in-port babysitting (if you want to explore a port without the little ones).

Do you know if Grand Princess has the same in-port child care available? Both my daughter and I have been to Rome before, and only I want to go back :-) (She's 12, by the way). Is there a fee for in-port babysitting, and if so, do you know how much? Thanks in advance for any feedback! We cruise 10-17-05 from Barcelona CANNOT WAIT!!!!!!

• 3 weeks later...
My son is 11 and is a gaming freak. Be aware that the Caribbean Princess does not have a gaming arcade. They have 3 Playstation 2's and 3 XBox' in their Princess Pelicans club, but that's it. I brought my son's Playstation 2 last year and his XBox this year. They hook right up to the front jacks on the TV. There are three cords, but only 2 jacks. You only need the 2 jacks for both consoles to work. Be sure to bring an extension cord since often, there is only one power outlet, not two in which to plug things in.

The Monk

Hi Monk -- I see you're from St. Pete. I assume that's the Florida version, and not Russian haha. I lived in Largo for 17 years before I joined the Navy. I still have loads of family/friends in the area and visit frequently:)

Do you know if Grand Princess has the same in-port child care available? Both my daughter and I have been to Rome before, and only I want to go back :-) (She's 12, by the way). Is there a fee for in-port babysitting, and if so, do you know how much? Thanks in advance for any feedback! We cruise 10-17-05 from Barcelona CANNOT WAIT!!!!!!

Yes, Grand has the in-port child care. Yes, there is a fee but since I didn't use it, i don't remember.

Archived