Question of the day....which restaurant to skip on the Dream?

epaul78

We will be taking our first DCL cruise (3 night to the Bahamas) in October with our 7 and 9 year old sons. We plan on having some adult time in Remy but which of the three MDR's should we skip for dinner?

This one is always a challenge. Since you won't know your dinning room rotation until you board the ship, there is no way of knowing in advance what you will miss. My best advice is to have dinner late at Remy and still enjoy the dining room while you accompany the kids to dinner. That way, you get it all. Adult time at Remy without really missing any of the dinning rooms.

Maybe someone else will have a better advice. But that is what i've done with DH and it worked well for us.

The underlying question becomes "what do you plan to do with the kids?" This in part determines what you will do.

If you have main seating, the above works well. Take the kids to the dining room and just order a beverage for the adults. Book your Remy time as late as you can get it. This way the kids can have a decent dinner, you will see each of the dining rooms, etc. Of course, you will miss one of the shows.

Alternatives for the kids are room service, pool deck offerings, or eating with the Club/Lab group. For that option, be sure to check their dinner time--not the same as either seating in the dining room.

OK, back to which dining room to miss....on the Dream, I'd miss Animator's. Not a big fan of the Crush show. But your kids might love it......

I have not been on the three night Dream cruise, but from the other cruises I have been on, you may want to consider scheduling on Pirate night. On the ships I have been on, the Pirate night menu is the worst night.

I have not been on the three night Dream cruise, but from the other cruises I have been on, you may want to consider scheduling on Pirate night. On the ships I have been on, the Pirate night menu is the worst night.

The pirate menu is not served on a 3 night cruise. Each restaurant serves the signature menu. There IS the pirate deck party and buffet, but no pirate menu in the main dining rooms.

Archived