Priceline for San Pedro Hotels?

PLW0520

Has anyone used Priceline for booking a hotel in San Pedro? It looks like the only two decent ones are the Crown Plaza and the Doubletree. I guess if you use the name your own price and ask for 3 and a half star you would get one of these.

Has anyone used Priceline for booking a hotel in San Pedro? It looks like the only two decent ones are the Crown Plaza and the Doubletree. I guess if you use the name your own price and ask for 3 and a half star you would get one of these.

I have usually seen winning bids of $65-75 for those two hotels. Check the top sticky note at the top of this thread.

I have usually seen winning bids of $65-75 for those two hotels. Check the top sticky note at the top of this thread.

Thanks for the info. I can't believe I missed the sticky! :eek:

Also try Hotwire. By looking at the amenities and star rating, I knew we'd probably either get the Doubletree or Crowne Plaza. It was $69 and ended up being the Crowne Plaza, but could have been either one.

Also try Hotwire. By looking at the amenities and star rating, I knew we'd probably either get the Doubletree or Crowne Plaza. It was $69 and ended up being the Crowne Plaza, but could have been either one.

These appear to be the 2 hotels that come up regularly on Hotwire, according to HotelDealsRevealed.com: Hotwire hotel list (scroll to San Pedro). Just beware of some of the caveats of Hotwire and Priceline -- non-refundable. In other words, you're taking a risk (but saving money).

These appear to be the 2 hotels that come up regularly on Hotwire, according to HotelDealsRevealed.com: Hotwire hotel list (scroll to San Pedro). Just beware of some of the caveats of Hotwire and Priceline -- non-refundable. In other words, you're taking a risk (but saving money).

I've used both Hotwire and Priceline many times, and we do realize that they are non-refundable, but so far we've never had to cancel. It is a risk we are comfortable with, since the price is so much less than almost anywhere else. We do have insurance, if it came to that.

By researching--I use the Bidding for Travel website, mostly--I knew we'd get one of those two hotels. I will also use the site you mentioned--hadn't heard of it before.

I've grown to like Hotwire better than Priceline because the price is often similar and I don't have to go through the whole bidding process.

I have also used bidding for travel and better bidding but have not checked out the other one. Will have to do that. We have used priceline several times but not hotwire although I have often checked their prices. How far in advance should we try for San Pedro?

We also have bid on Priceline a lot and have generally got the Crown Plaza for about $65. We actually prefer the Double Tree for both hotel and location and it works very well if you have a car to park...after you back out the cost of parking for 15 or 16 nights, have their breakfast...well the room is about free.

I must say though that in some markets Hotwire often has such good pricing that I wouldn't bother bidding on Priceline.

I have also used bidding for travel and better bidding but have not checked out the other one. Will have to do that. We have used priceline several times but not hotwire although I have often checked their prices. How far in advance should we try for San Pedro?

I got our hotel in San Pedro about a month out. We only booked the cruise 2 months out. But of course I can't guarantee availability; depends on time of year, etc.

Archived