Roll Call Atlantis Brilliance Med Cruise 31 Aug

Oslo Dutch

Still two months to go but getting excited about it now..(and I even just got of the QE2 2 weeks ago....:-))

Anybody booked on this cruise?

I have found a roommate from the UK. We'll stay two days in Barcelona prior to the cruise. We go to Villfranche, Rome, Mykonos, Crete and Naples.

This will be my first gay cruise!

Reint

Hi, we are new to this group. My partner and I will be on the Atlantis Aug 31 Med Cruise. We are very excited about this trip. This is our first time ever on a cruise and my partners first time in europe. We'll also be in Barcelona two days prior to the cruise.

My partner and I will be on this cruise. It is the first cruise for both of us and we can't wait.

We are ALSO spending 2 days before the cruise (and 1 day after) in Barcelona - staying at the Hotel Axel (anyone else there?).

Looking forward to a great time...

• 2 weeks later...

;) I was looking at the short video for the radiance class ships at RCCL's website. Is it me, or is the last scene on the "morning" video a gay couple? One of them is teasing the other one while he's trying to nap on deck. It might even be like three gay gays. If it is, how nice of them to include us.

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/findacruise/ships/class/ship/home.do;jsessionid=0000Qm7AHLuRlzSzFCXsXiAFSQe:v29bc620?shipCode=BR

Then click on "On Board Videos"

• 2 weeks later...

I called Atlantis and asked if they had a host hotel in Barcelona for this cruise. They don't. I was also told that they have no plans to have any sort of event in Barcelona the night before the cruise. This surprised me as it would seem obvious that many passengers will be in town and eager to get a jump start on meeting their fellow travelers.

When I took the QE2, we were picked up at the airport, taken to a hotel, and picked up at the hotel again the next morning and taken to the cruise terminal. Atlantis doesn't do anything like this. You are simply told to report to the cruise terminal at the boarding time.

I called Atlantis and asked if they had a host hotel in Barcelona for this cruise. They don't. I was also told that they have no plans to have any sort of event in Barcelona the night before the cruise. This surprised me as it would seem obvious that many passengers will be in town and eager to get a jump start on meeting their fellow travelers.

When I took the QE2, we were picked up at the airport, taken to a hotel, and picked up at the hotel again the next morning and taken to the cruise terminal. Atlantis doesn't do anything like this. You are simply told to report to the cruise terminal at the boarding time.

Consider yourself lucky that Atlantis isn't offering a host hotel, etc. The hotels they pick are often nice hotels, but the rates are horrendous. You can almost always do much better on your own. Plus, there is so much to see and do in Barcelona. Walk Las Ramblas, tour the city, go to the locals bars, etc.

Atlantis often offer pre & post cruise packages, including transfers. However, Europe has been problematic for them in that area recently. I know that last year's Venice pre-cruise package took forever to finalize. Again, you are probably better off doing the independent thing, you will definitely save money.

I

Archived