Monte Carlo

makaha

We are interested in the Grand Prix race in Monte Carlo for 2014. If someone currently on the 2013 sailing or in the know could share information with us it would be helpful. How were the race seats, were they in Section K and what was the price? Did you enjoy the experience? Thank you!

We have just returned from the 2013 cruise to Monte Carlo out of Barbados.

We had a great time this was our first Grand Prix.

We chose tickets using a private company (goo tickets) from France, they are a valid company very reliable.

I bought tickets for the practice day in stand T2, opposite the pits, Red Bull Etc.

Great seats, good location. For the main race we booked the K stand, we were in K7. Let me explain: K is divided into about 8 sections, our section was fine but if we went again K1 or K2 or K3 were probably better. You cannot transfer between the the stands. The food and drink was very reasonable in and out of the race but the merchandise is pricey.

We inquired for next year with SS, the cruise is 9 days not 7 to include the Cannes Film Festival, the price was £8,900 per suite, (not cheap) with no on board discount even for Venetian guests because the cruise is selling well.

If you need any further information please ask.

I'm not certain of the exact cruise schedule, but if you are in Monaco for the few days before, in my view those days are as exciting and interesting as the main event itself. For example, they have the "old timers" racing where they race the older cars with some of the iconic early racing drivers - and they love to chat. Also the track is less "secure" so during those evenigns you can leave the ship and walk the track and pits and see the F1 prep arriving. You will have a pass that is "all access". The F! is a great experience but the earlier races are at least as much or in my view more fun and give much more atmosphere.

We didn't realise that there are races prior to the main event. There was a Porsche race for 30 laps starting 09.30, there was a Renault 3 race later, all before the Grand Prix. You come come and go as you pleased, you had a "pass out" so you weren't stuck inside the track all day. :)

We didn't realise that there are races prior to the main event. There was a Porsche race for 30 laps starting 09.30, there was a Renault 3 race later, all before the Grand Prix. You come come and go as you pleased, you had a "pass out" so you weren't stuck inside the track all day. :)

Yes ... you are right. The race area is closed to all outsiders but not for those on boats and ships. You should be issued with an all areas pass from a ship - or we were, They ( the hoi polloi) cannot get in but you will find it tough to get out. There are many events before the F1 ..and to be honest I loved those more. We are often fortunate enough to be at Cannes Film Festival the week or so before and fhen followed by Monaco and only discovered the pre- events by accident. Now I prefer to be a the pre-events to get up close to real racing cars and smell the petrol but watch the F1 on tv in air conditioning and cameras on the whole race with a Planters in my hand rather than be in a stand - which is the best of all worlds.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

We just booked the 2014 Barcelona to Rome cruise with the F1 race.

Its our first cruise, we are avid F1 Fans from Canada.

P.S. Sat Quali is my 50th Birthday.

Hoping to meet a lot of people here on the board

Bob

• 2 weeks later...
We have just returned from the 2013 cruise to Monte Carlo out of Barbados.

We had a great time this was our first Grand Prix.

We chose tickets using a private company (goo tickets) from France, they are a valid company very reliable.

I bought tickets for the practice day in stand T2, opposite the pits, Red Bull Etc.

Great seats, good location. For the main race we booked the K stand, we were in K7. Let me explain: K is divided into about 8 sections, our section was fine but if we went again K1 or K2 or K3 were probably better. You cannot transfer between the the stands. The food and drink was very reasonable in and out of the race but the merchandise is pricey.

We inquired for next year with SS, the cruise is 9 days not 7 to include the Cannes Film Festival, the price was £8,900 per suite, (not cheap) with no on board discount even for Venetian guests because the cruise is selling well.

If you need any further information please ask.

Hi Fudge,

Where did you stay in Barcelona before the cruise ?

Thx Bob

Archived