Green Jeep Tour tips

Sumar76

Just got back from our trip, and although we had a great time driving around Skagway..Green Jeep really needs to change the info they send you making it more up to date.

1) in our paperwork it said there would be pickup at the ship @ 8am or 9am. We waited from 8:45 till 9:30, calling their office total of 6 times ( 2 different numbers on our paperwork) without them answering once. Finally we took the shuttle there only to have them tell us we had to request a pick up. They asked us why didn't we try to call them and when we said we did, they had no answer as why noone answered.

2) In all the information about renting the jeeps, it said there would be a CD. When we went to pick up the jeep and asked about it we were told..very few have the CD's now as people put in their own music and take the CD home with them. Ours did not have a CD. But it did have a Murrays milepost leaflet. But I wouldn't count on all of the jeeps having it.

3) when we returned the jeep and asked for the advertised "free shuttle pass" back to the ship, we were told those aren't given out anymore, as they changed their office location and felt it was close enough for people to walk. Maybe for some yes, but not all.

Like I said, we had a good time and none of these were deal breakers, but I told the woman in charge it would be nice if her advertising was updated, and accurate.

So make sure you call to schedule a pick up at the ship if you want one otherwise you won't see them.

Just a heads up.

2) In all the information about renting the jeeps, it said there would be a CD. When we went to pick up the jeep and asked about it we were told..very few have the CD's now as people put in their own music and take the CD home with them. Ours did not have a CD. But it did have a Murrays milepost leaflet. But I wouldn't count on all of the jeeps having it.

The Murray's Guide isn't the current edition, either.

Thanks for the notes on Green Jeeps. I booked with them for week after next. In my email exchanges with them, they were specific about stating that they'd meet me at the ship at 8 am, so I think I'm safe there. But I do have a map of downtown with their location circled, so now I'll know if we don't see them for about half an hour, to start walking.

I'm now off to download Murray's Guide! No biggie on the CD, though it might have been nice as something for both of us to listen to - guess I'll be doing some reading-out-loud!

Thanks again - hope you had a great trip!

Archived