First time cruising from NO - transportation question

crease1234

My family and I (5 people) will be sailing out from NO on 6/1. Do we need to pre-book a cab to bring us from the airport to the cruise terminal, or do we just head over to the cab waiting area and hail one from there. Will the wait be tedious (we arrive around 10-11am)?

Also, we are planning to spend a few days in the French Quarter after the cruise. Do we need to pre-arrange for transport from the cruise terminal to the French Quarter? My mother-in-law is afraid that the line for a cab on disembarkation day will be a disaster.

[quote name='crease1234']My family and I (5 people) will be sailing out from NO on 6/1. Do we need to pre-book a cab to bring us from the airport to the cruise terminal, or do we just head over to the cab waiting area and hail one from there. Will the wait be tedious (we arrive around 10-11am)?

Also, we are planning to spend a few days in the French Quarter after the cruise. Do we need to pre-arrange for transport from the cruise terminal to the French Quarter? My mother-in-law is afraid that the line for a cab on disembarkation day will be a disaster.[/QUOTE]

We sailed out of NOLA last year and had no trouble getting a taxi at the airport. (Though we were heading to our hotel not far from the port rather than the port as we were there 2 days early.) There is a line everyone wanting a taxi gets into outside the terminal on of the workers will ask how many and where to and they get you in a taxi quickly. We arrived around 5pm and it only took 10 minutes or so in line to get our taxi.

Not sure about getting a cab at the port after the , cruise as we caught a ride with friends we met on the cruise.

Have fun and enjoy your vacation.

Thanks for your reply ! Are there taxis that will take 5 people, or do we have to split up?

Anyone else can weigh in on transportation on disembarkation day at the terminal? 3,000+ people all trying to get off the ship and hail cabs sounds like a nightmare !

Archived