Need some advise on pre-cruise

tbrenk

We are sailing on the Breeze next August. We would like to go down two days before and stay at a beachfront hotel without breaking the bank. Seems like Miami Beach and South Beach are pricey.

Is it better to fly into Fort Lauderdale and stay there since it isn't that far from the port?

So you are sailing out of Miami?

Ft. L hotels will be less than certainly Miami Beach. And there are some nice hotels, even moderately priced, on or across the street from the beach. But if sailing from Miami, then you will need to hire a shuttle from Ft.L.

You need to add more details, date/s, budget etc. to get some specific help. August tends to be much less costly than winter rates, so your choices will be more for sure. And Miami Beach/Sobe might be in your budget that month.

Another option is to stay at a hotel on the broadwalk in Hollywood.

Sailing out of Miami August 2014. There are 13 of us, 8 adults and and 5 kids. I looked around for this August since prices aren't out for August 2014. We are option to car rental as well.

First decide which city your will fly into. Price will probalby come into play with that large of group. Yes, I thought you are heading there this year. You are way too far out. Use this time to study areas, hotel recs etc on tripadvisor.com so when flights and hotels open up you are ready to book.;)

For a varied group like yours, I'd actually prefer FT L for price, walkability, easy transportation, beach, water taxi, trolley etc.

First decide which city your will fly into. Price will probalby come into play with that large of group. Yes, I thought you are heading there this year. You are way too far out. Use this time to study areas, hotel recs etc on tripadvisor.com so when flights and hotels open up you are ready to book.;)

For a varied group like yours, I'd actually prefer FT L for price, walkability, easy transportation, beach, water taxi, trolley etc.

Thanks, I thought FLL would be a better option. Miami seems very expensive, even in the summer. We probably can ge tmore for out money in FLL.

Along with usually (but not always) cheaper flights, hotels are generally cheaper in the FLL area and it is easy/simple to stay near FLL and then drive/shuttle to Miami the next day.

For FLL area hotels, check:

http://www.sunny.org

For Hollywood FL hotels and info check: http://www.visithollywoodfl.org/hollywoodbeachbroadwalk.aspx

Some of CC members favorites:

Sleep Inn Dania

Cambria Suites Dania

Hyatt Place FLL north and south

Hampton Inn (2 airport area locations)

Embassy Suites (our favorite! :D)

Holiday Inn Express convention center

La Quinta Airport

Hilton 17th Street

Bahia Mar

Hyatt Pier 66

FLL area hotels near the beach:

Beach Place

Ritz Carlton

Alhambra

Westin

W

Hilton

Courtyard

Bahia Mar

Good luck! :)

Along with usually (but not always) cheaper flights, hotels are generally cheaper in the FLL area and it is easy/simple to stay near FLL and then drive/shuttle to Miami the next day.

For FLL area hotels, check:

http://www.sunny.org

For Hollywood FL hotels and info check: http://www.visithollywoodfl.org/hollywoodbeachbroadwalk.aspx

Some of CC members favorites:

Sleep Inn Dania

Cambria Suites Dania

Hyatt Place FLL north and south

Hampton Inn (2 airport area locations)

Embassy Suites (our favorite! :D)

Holiday Inn Express convention center

La Quinta Airport

Hilton 17th Street

Bahia Mar

Hyatt Pier 66

FLL area hotels near the beach:

Beach Place

Ritz Carlton

Alhambra

Westin

W

Hilton

Courtyard

Bahia Mar

Good luck! :)

Thank you for this info. I will chck this out. If we fly into FLL, we can use Jet Blue which gives us free bags. That is a nice savings too.

Archived