I'm doing the pre doc dance

YEAH!!! My T/a emailed me today telling me that my documents are in..... I'll be picking them up tomorrow.... I'm starting my dance now! Some singing here as well...

I'm so excited, now its getting real... Explorer here we come.

Woohoo!!! Keep dancing, keep singing it'll be here before you know it!!! Real happy for you.

Just off the Explorer of the Seas the 5th of this month. She is a beautiful ship and the service is awesome. Our itinerary was Eastern my favorite so far.

Which itinerary are you going on? Eastern or Western makes no difference as long as you are cruising!!!

Have fun and try to do at least one memorable thing each day.(it's not hard on a cruise)

HB Cruiser 2 (the wife)

We're doing the eastern itinerary... Been there before and love all the Islands. First time on explorer, only cruised once before and it was on the Grand Princess which was gorgous. I'm sure I'll be writing a review when I get back.Did you do any excursions while on the islands?

Woohoo!!! Keep dancing, keep singing it'll be here before you know it!!! Real happy for you.

Just off the Explorer of the Seas the 5th of this month. She is a beautiful ship and the service is awesome. Our itinerary was Eastern my favorite so far.

Which itinerary are you going on? Eastern or Western makes no difference as long as you are cruising!!!

Have fun and try to do at least one memorable thing each day.(it's not hard on a cruise)

HB Cruiser 2 (the wife)

We were mostly beach bums this cruise...

In St. Thomas we took the ship's excursion (ferry boat over to Trunk Bay at St. John's) and it is BEAUTIFUL!! You can probably do it for less $$$ by taking a taxi to where the ferry goes between St. Thomas and St. John's. Trunk Bay is one of the top ten most beautiful beaches in the world according to a show we saw on the Travel Channel. We almost always do the ship's excursions but should probably change to save $$$.

In St. Maarten we did Maho Beach on our own. It is not much of a beach but the airport in St. Maarten is just across the two lane road from Maho and I like watching airplanes take off and land. The airplanes would go about 30-40 feet right over our heads. It was a real rush. The first time one landed though I just about peed in my pants! LOL Husband did not mind the beach too bad, stayed in the water most of the time.

San Juan we did the San Cristobel fort on our own. Pretty neat! We would like to go to El Morro the next time,we were told it is much larger and sits on the point as you come in toSan Juan. We also took a tour bus on our own to Old and new San Juan.

We have been to the Bahamas numerous time so we just went to the beach at the Hilton. DO NOT DO THIS!!! Too expensive and the beach is not very nice. Yes, it was nice to see all the ships and the lighthouse from the beach but the seaweed growth in the beach area prohibited the fun in the water.

HB Cruiser 2 (the wife)

Thanks for all your info... I was married (now widowed 5yrs.) in St. Thomas, we stayed there for a week (water island) and then to St.Maarten for a week (maho bay beach resort) You need to take your husband to orient beach!!!! Thats beautiful..We've visited St.John a few times, the famous trunk bay and also hawksnest beach... Our last vacation together was to Sandals- bahamas.. That beach ( cable beach) was beautiful. This trip my Son (now 13) will get to see where we got married. Will be a great cruise relieving old memories and making lots of new ones... Have a great day... Pass along any other info ... I love to read it. thanks.

We were mostly beach bums this cruise...

In St. Thomas we took the ship's excursion (ferry boat over to Trunk Bay at St. John's) and it is BEAUTIFUL!! You can probably do it for less $$$ by taking a taxi to where the ferry goes between St. Thomas and St. John's. Trunk Bay is one of the top ten most beautiful beaches in the world according to a show we saw on the Travel Channel. We almost always do the ship's excursions but should probably change to save $$$.

In St. Maarten we did Maho Beach on our own. It is not much of a beach but the airport in St. Maarten is just across the two lane road from Maho and I like watching airplanes take off and land. The airplanes would go about 30-40 feet right over our heads. It was a real rush. The first time one landed though I just about peed in my pants! LOL Husband did not mind the beach too bad, stayed in the water most of the time.

San Juan we did the San Cristobel fort on our own. Pretty neat! We would like to go to El Morro the next time,we were told it is much larger and sits on the point as you come in toSan Juan. We also took a tour bus on our own to Old and new San Juan.

We have been to the Bahamas numerous time so we just went to the beach at the Hilton. DO NOT DO THIS!!! Too expensive and the beach is not very nice. Yes, it was nice to see all the ships and the lighthouse from the beach but the seaweed growth in the beach area prohibited the fun in the water.

HB Cruiser 2 (the wife)

Boy, can't wait till we get to do the doc dance, only have 9 months till sailing :eek: but so far the 1st 6 months have gone fast!!! Have a great time and make sure to do a review, the Explorer is the ship we will be sailing this time also!:D

We booked in january for our july sailing... The time did go pretty fast. Lets hope the cruise goes nice and slow...! Will definetly do a review on our return. Will you be doing the eastern or western?

Boy, can't wait till we get to do the doc dance, only have 9 months till sailing :eek: but so far the 1st 6 months have gone fast!!! Have a great time and make sure to do a review, the Explorer is the ship we will be sailing this time also!:D

Archived