Adriatic explorer - Koper Caves & Castles

We have booked the Caves and Castles shore excursion when in Koper at the end of June. Any one know how much walking is involved and is it cold in the caves? Mrs SMNB needs to know what to pack :p

Any tips?

We did Koper caves and castles in July 2011 - oddly enough we have been sat watching the dvd of the holiday this evening :) Yep its really cold down in the caves but you catch a train into the caves so the walking is reduced somewhat although there is still probably about half an hour walking round - then a train ride back up. Guess comfy shoes and a warm fleece is needed for this trip - I really enjoyed it though

Jo x

As Jo says it's cool in there but was OK for walking. They do have a shortcut on the walk for those less able. The castles bit is a view of a castle from the outside only as it's empty inside. But nice and pretty. Looks like something from a Dracula film. And for that you only get off the coach and cross the road to the viewing spot.

Berwyn

As Jo says it's cool in there but was OK for walking. They do have a shortcut on the walk for those less able. The castles bit is a view of a castle from the outside only as it's empty inside. But nice and pretty. Looks like something from a Dracula film. And for that you only get off the coach and cross the road to the viewing spot.

Berwyn

thanks for that info about the shortcut . My wife has ME and some days walking is a bit difficult.

thanks for that info about the shortcut . My wife has ME and some days walking is a bit difficult.

Hi, The guide in the train should tell you about it at the start and show you the shortcut when you get too it. For the rest of the group there is a sort of uphill and downhill bit and you can avoid that using it.

Berwyn

the first part is quite steep, but not too bad after that, we did it this year but the shortcut was not pointed out to us

this is also done still as either a morning or afternoon trip

Archived