Preziosa Docking in Genoa 9th June - Strike

Lynnog81

Having all my research done and dusted, was really looking forward to making my way to Portofino from Genoa via train and bus on Sunday 9th June. However I now see mention of some national public transportation strikes in Italy in June with the 9th of June as one of the mentioned days. I would be so dissapointed to miss out on Portofino, one of the main places I want to see on the stop. Can anybody shed any light on the situation and how likely Italian transport strikes are to go ahead.

Sometimes pre-planned strike will be cancelled at the last minute. We ran into one when we were in Rome/Civitavecchia in early April. Luckily, there were many trains to the port and we decided to go back to ship early, hence we were able to get back to ship with plenty of times to spare.

The best is to check the latest status before you leave and to allow plenty of time if you still decide to go ahead. There are two websites to check strike status.

http://www.mit.gov.it/mit/site.php?p=scioperi

http://www.summerinitaly.com/planning/strike.asp

Archived