More hotel questions

calikak

Has anyone stayed at the Taaroa Lodge in Tahiti? Considering renting a bungalow there for a 2-night pre-cruise stay. Also eying the Hiti Moana Villa. We plan to lay on the beach/next to the pool the whole time, maybe snorkel a little or take Le Truck into town to see a museum, but that's about it. I am all about doing nothing and so is DH. :D We also don't need a lot of bells/whistles, we'll have plenty of pampering on the ship, but don't want to stay in a filthy place that smells bad. Any advice is greatly appreciated!

• 11 months later...

Now that we're back from Tahiti, I guess I can answer my own question? And say that we really liked Taaroa Lodge but I don't think it's for the average cruise person. We stayed in a bungalow, not an OWB but just a bungalow that overlooked the beach. Our bungalow had a 3/4 bath (shower, sink, toilet), a microwave, a minifridge, a coffee maker, a fan (but no air conditioning), a TV, a queen sized bed, and a twin sized bed that we used as a couch. There was not daily maid service, but we did get a fresh baguette with butter and jam each morning and we had enough coffee and tea to last a week at least, and we were only there two days. It was quiet and the fan was plenty to keep us cool at night--in fact, the first night, I woke up because I was cold and had to turn down the fan, which was totally shocking after being sticky hot when we got off the plane! Now, it's definitely not a room-service, fresh-towels-twice-a-day kind of place, and there's no pool or gym or restaurant onsite. But if you're a little more adventurous, it was a lovely place to stay and the owner is a really nice guy.

Archived