Booking advice

We are looking at a December cruise on the Allure and would like to get some advice from past cruisers. We currently have a open booking which we intended on using towards our future cruise. I guess my question is we want to stay in a inside "L" cabin on a upper level close to the pool but there is a promotion on to upgrade to a outside for the same price. Then there is the argument saying we should go for the free balcony upgrade if we were to book a outside room. So it becomes difficult to decide on what to do. I would prefer to get our less desirerable inside room and get a bit better price so we can cruise again in a couple of months instead of spending too much on the room upgrade. I just don't know if there will be a better price come allong for the room we want or not. I also don't know how royal goes about price matching to get additional perks like gratuities included.

Our last cruise we booked was during the 3 day sale they had leading up to the winter season last year in October. We got an amazind deal on our first royal cruise and are now hooked. We wish we had know we could take more open bookings then the one we reserved but now we know.

Any advice on what stratagies you use to get the best rates would be aprreciated.;)

Thanks in advance.

Archived