island escape

meghan1229

Hi meghan1229,

Were you one of the passengers hurt when the ship lurched on leaving the port? I hope that you are OK now. Basically the mess was cleared up and the cruise continued and everything went back to normal. There were some people walking around with slings and bandages over the next few days, so quite a few people were hurt but I don't know if there were many serious casualties who had to leave the ship. It was very scary but I suppose that it could have been worse. I'm sure that most people were thinking about another ship that had problems in Italian waters not that long ago... and quite a few people didn't come out of that one!

Hi Lanzalady,

couldn´t resist saying Hi, coincidence would have been us both on that week , as it was we were disembaking the day you joined (Escape to the Med 14 to 21st May) We had wonderful weather, sea wise, so good in fact that DH would like to ¨go round again¨ Did you use Vueling, as we did, who are a bit pricey or did you find an alternative airline with good transfer times ? Look forward to hearing from you, on our little lump of lava !

Mari, Tinajo

Hi Lanzalady

yap i had 3 cuts on my right eye...we were un beachcombe when it happened.very scary coz weve got our 6 yrs old daughter with.im ok now thanks..my little didnt get hurt even her chair she was on didnt move at all.. island escape is very nice... we really enjoyed our first few days.. all the people and crew very very nice... my daughter loves the cruise in general but unfortunately we need to fly back thr day after thr incident.are you also in dat cruise with us?

Hi Mari,

I'm glad that you had good weather and calm seas! We also flew with Vueling, arriving in Palma late on the Monday evening. They had managed to leave my suitcase in Barcelona on the outward leg of the journey and when we went to collect it from Palma airport the following day, they had also managed to pull one side of the handle off the case. By the time that it was delivered to our cabin, the handle had been completely pulled off, so the suitcase was sent down to the ship's workshop and was returned as good as new. Unfortunately on the return journey, Vueling managed to leave both mine and my husband's suitcases in Barcelona and when we returned to Arrecife airport the following day, they had managed to rip off one side of the base-stand too! So, I can´t say that Vueling have impressed me very much - apart from the convenience of the flight times and the prices were OK too. I think that Ryanair could teach Vueling how to be a little more customer-friendly! We live down in Playa Blanca.

Archived