Lost my research

I can not find my notebook of the notes I took when I booked our cruise which is right around the corner...........I had decided on a "beach" for a beach day while in port but can not remember :(

We are a family of 4the 2 sons a newly turned 4 year old and a 7 year old who love the beach..........

Was it Sapphire from glancing at the threads? Any last minute help...please?

Thanks!!!

DC

Hello DC,

What will your boys be most interested in? playing in the sand, swimming, snorkeling, kayaking, running around?

Are they good swimmers?

Anything else important to you about the beach?

Are you going to take a taxi to get there or are you on a tour with set options for your beach stop?

--Islander

http://www.*****

Thanks Islander. We live on the coast in North Carolina so they go the beach alot in the summer. My oldest son (7) boogie boards, snorkels and swims and my youngest son (just turned 4 but going on 16 :) likes to dig........they have been to Cozumel, Grand Cayman, Nassau, Disney's private island, and Freeport several times on cruises and land vacations like Nagril and Playa del Carmen and I end up taking a lot of sand toys and beach things so calm water is nice but snorkeling is not a must nice sand is better, restrooms, chair and/or umbrella rentals. They enjoyed the water more in the Bahamas, Negril and in Playa del Carmen so not sure what to expect with water.

Nice sand, bathrooms, chair and umbrella rentals, somewhere to get a cold water or sprite etc.

thanks for your response and help!!!

DC

Hello DC,

I would likely go with Magens Bay. Head to the right side (when facing the water) after renting chairs, floats from the concession which is basically in the middle of the beach and where taxis pulll in.

Your 4 year old can dig and 7 year old can swim. Take a break from that to walk over to the rocky coast; its smooth rocks and the water is relatively shallow along them. They can explore a little there. Then you can walk along the shore to get drinks/lunch at the concession. And then maybe inquire at the concession about renting one of the hobiecats (I think that's what they are called - small sail boat type things) or kayaks - perhaps one parent at a time can take one of the boys out for a spin in the bay. (I think both watercrafts are 2 person). There aren't any umbrellas there, but you can find shade in the tree line.

--Islander

http://www.*****

Archived